basking light options

RealIzeRecognIze

I was checking out the household bulbs yesterday and was wondering if anyone's used the household leds or the halogens for a basking lamp. Di they even fit I didn't check that? Do they put out a lot of heat? Camilles basking spot is maybe 5-7 inches from the lamp and currently the 15 Watt incandescent isn't providing enough heat after I mist (I've been experimenting a little bit).
I just ordered an arcadia t5 12% Flo. Fixture so this may provide enough heat from her along with the 15 watt.
she is a veiled almost 6 months id say and is in a 2x2x4 cage.

Hi! We have the arcadia t5 12% and I really don't think it gives off much heat. We use it along with a 75w spot bulb and our temps are great! A good constant 80 at the basking spot. The basking lamp sits about 8 inches from the basking spot.

Are halogen bulbs not really hot? I'd be careful using one of them, people use them to cook things, well they did in the 70's anyways! :D

I had a 60 watt incandescent but I had to move it over a few inches so she wouldn't bake and I bought a 75 watt spot light for herps to begin with and it was way too hot.
well I def wont go with halogen lol. Does anyone know if household LEDs provide any heat?
Just looking for more options but i may be goin with a 20 25 watt incandescent looks like..

Led's provide no heat as far as I know. I want to get LEDs to give the geckos day cycle without overheating them.

I would just stick with an incandescent bulb but find a balance between the bulb wattage and distance from the basking spot that gives u the temps u want

Back
Top Bottom