baby thrashing/wagging her tail

richpass6

hey everyone, i have a quick question which may either be nothing at all or a possible health issue. if it is a health issue or you feel you may need more info then i will post all the necessary information.

i moved my 6 month female because i was going on vacation. friends of mine were coming by and feeding both her and my older male (in another room). i returned yesterday to find a larger, happy, little girl. this morning i noticed she started thrashing her tail back and fourth. i noticed it was while crawling on the cage and figured she was searching for a spot to put her tail but then i noticed her doing it on branches and as she moved around the cage. could this be a sign of egg laying?? or maybe some sort of pain?? or is it normal for them to sometimes wagg or thrash their tails at this age?...ive never seen this before. i know there is more passing by in her new location but other then that everything seems fine... any experiences with something like this?

my female hoehnelii will do this when being sprayed or if she is startled and running. i think it is a defense for her (so she can grab a branch at will) as she may take a fall at any time. just a personal opinion.

Waging tails

My 6 month old veil Bo wags his tail all the time when he is crawling around his cage. He will also do it when he is just sitting there!! I call him my little dog, it's funny! He is healthy and happy!

Mine doesn't wag but will stick straight up like a little beagle retrieving game... sometimes he will wag it around but mostly if I'm holding him and he's searching for a branch

Back
Top Bottom