baby jackson cages.

mczoo

Avid Member
my babies are now 3 weeks old

i have 5 babies left and am beginning to wonder about usual weight gain, and appropriate cage size. is 16x16x18 too big for 0.7 to 1g babies?

Thanks

Sean

you could probably break them up into two groups. ..

seperate the males if possible.

you could still do something releativly small. id stick with something a bit smaller.
if possible.

my babies are now 3 weeks old

i have 5 babies left and am beginning to wonder about usual weight gain, and appropriate cage size. is 16x16x18 too big for 0.7 to 1g babies?

Thanks

Sean

5 babies out of how many?
16"x16"x18" is too big, especially for 5 babies.
At 3 weeks, they are fine together. You want a smaller cage so it's easier to find their food. My baby jacksons struggled to find food in a cage that big. The weight seems about accurate with the weight my babies had at that age. My lighter weight ones died. I (so far) have lost 5 babies, have 7 left.
They now weigh around 3 grams at week nine. Hope you've had better luck than me! :)

Make that 6 left. I heard a "thud" and checked my babies. One lied on the floor, dead. Sucks to lose these guys... :(

i have 3 left of 8. lost them regularly till i separated all has been well since then. the seem to do well in larger cages if i supply adequate food

good luck

Back
Top Bottom