Amputation

lmews1961

Had to take Max to the animal hospital today. :( Thought he had a rectal prolapse but the vet said it was his penis and from being out for so long and being swollen like it was, she would have to amputate it. I did not know Chameleons have 2 penises. I really like this vet, she brought out a book and showed me exactly what was wrong with him and explained the procedure to me. After a few stitches he is home doing well.

Poor Max, at least he has a spare........I hope he continues to feel better for you :)

Poor Max,sad but these things happen.I had a carpet that this happened too
also.I had to keep an ointment on it twice a day to help the swelling go down

Today was pretty traumatic for him, I worried he would get stressed because the vet is an hour away. He has already had a drink and ate a superworm so I think he will be fine. Another thing the vet said was that chameleons do not feel pain like we do. I hope so because he has to be in a lot of pain for what he had to go through today.

Im glad you are a good pet owner and were smart enough to take him to the vet! and glad the vet was able to help him (and hopefully used some kind of pain blocker during the procedure).

Back
Top Bottom