advise on what to do?? getting worried

rango87

ive had my male panther chameleon for 4 weeks.
in that times hes been eating between 2-3 crickets or locusts a day from a pair of tongs.
i have a feeding cup in there under his basking branch which he ate from once.when he ate from the cup tho he ate 4 crickets.although he only ate from the cup because i didnt feed him from the tongs for 3 days.atm hes still only eating from the tongs and still only 2-3 a day.since i got him he has been moved around a bit due to my house being redecorated but alls fine now and its been fine for the last week.i think he may have suffered a bit of stress.

shall i continue to feed him from the tongs as well as put the feeding cup in the viv and hope he will eat from it again or should i stop feeding him with the tongs and just put the cup in there and leave him.

hes in a xl reptibreeze and too small to catch them if i let them go so my only to options are cup feeding & hand or tong.

his setups fine so im pretty sure thats fine and he look healthy enough too.he drinks everyday but ive noticed hes not shed yet either.

your advise would be greatful

Others may disagree but I think its healthy for them to hunt their food. They tend to be opportunistic feeders but mine love to run and chase their food. How old is he? I myself don't want to start the habit of feeding from tongs. I would cup Feed or free range. Get the ones they don't eat out before bedtime though.

I would cup feed crickets due to not being able to catch them at the end of the day and free range small locusts. Small locusts will not do any damage to your boy but may anoy him when he is sleeping. They tend to stay high up the viv so he will probably be able to see them. I would put about a dozen in and watch the fun.:)

Back
Top Bottom