a vent about gecko forums

i tried out gecko forums.... too many rude people. same as reptile forums and bearded dragon forums... i like my cham and bird forum. thats it. :)

leopardgeckoforum is pretty good, i have no complaints for them except that theres only a few active members. kodieh in particular is extremely helpful. i had posted about my special baby there as well, but a few members admitted they didnt have the experience to tell me what was going on, and didnt want to give me a blank guess and send me on the wrong track, i respect them because of that.

and heres a pic and vid of my baby :)

185480_475854155758312_106391155_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6oBSNz-cS0&feature=plcp

Awwwwie! He's lovely! You're doing a very kind thing giving him special attention :)

I've posted on a couple different gecko forums.. nothing special just introducing myself and my geckos. My issue was there never seemed to be ANY traffic. I post my animals here and within a day i've had more responses about my geckos then on dedicated gecko forums. :rolleyes:

I agree with you about the gecko forums. I posted about some sick leos that I had, and had no good information at all from those people, then my post was forgotten - never even thought about asking on here. I think bubble wrap is a great idea, because you can rinse it off and re-use it if needed. I'm can't think of anything else that might work, but best of luck to you - he's a little cutie!

anyone with some time wanna read my argument? lol its quite amusing on how stupid these people can be...they have me running in circles..

http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=90082

i tried reading but i had to stop before i logged on to my account and started yelling at all those butt munches. urgh. stupid people. my screen name on there is repti82 btw lol. and that *cough cough* katie whatever was a *cough* to me too! i had posted that i didnt have any kind of set up for a gecko. that i was going to decide what species of gecko to get then get the set up so it would be perfect.... she then asks what my set up is like.... then when she does suggest a gecko she doesnt explain why... so i message her and she yells at me for being rude and ignorant... screw them. CF is where its at! <3

TBH..i see where everyone is comeing from includeing you. but bringing up our forums and how helpful we are and how unhelpful they are is rude. and many people on there made comments that told you what you needed to hear. ether take it to the vet (mabey to be put down) or dont. buying cal, you can get it anywhere. i dont feel like either party was super nice. if you dont like that forum instead of commenting back just come here(if you feel we are better) or go to another forum or use the serch and dont even bother with the people.

i hope the best for you and your sweet little gecko. i know you want what best for it and you'll do right for him :) goodluck!

TBH..i see where everyone is comeing from includeing you. but bringing up our forums and how helpful we are and how unhelpful they are is rude. and many people on there made comments that told you what you needed to hear. ether take it to the vet (mabey to be put down) or dont. buying cal, you can get it anywhere. i dont feel like either party was super nice. if you dont like that forum instead of commenting back just come here(if you feel we are better) or go to another forum or use the serch and dont even bother with the people.

I don't think it's rude to express feelings about how they were unhelpful to her. I don't see how asking about her supplementation is helping her out? They never even told her to go to the vet until she made the comment about how they were unhelpful. That is not telling her what she needed to hear. Had she not made the comment, she probably would have never even gotten any more posts on the subject.

From the sounds of it your gecko just has enigma symptoms, that in NO way means it needs to be put down. Unless it gets to the point where it wont eat food at all. It may need more attention like hand feeding and making sure it cant fall off anything high in the tank... But enigmas can be happy and healthy and i dont think anyone should be suggesting it be put down based simply on that.

I have one who's an enigma, she's "special" but she needs neither a vet visit or to be put down.

I don't think it's rude to express feelings about how they were unhelpful to her. I don't see how asking about her supplementation is helping her out? They never even told her to go to the vet until she made the comment about how they were unhelpful. That is not telling her what she needed to hear. Had she not made the comment, she probably would have never even gotten any more posts on the subject.

they were asking beause they thought it might be an issue, most people here ask the same thing. mabey they would do good haveing a "how to ask for help". its not rude to express feelings(as i was doing :)) but it is rude to throw it at people. its one thing to say "listen, please be more helpful, im finding this forum to not be as helpful as i need(or still unshure of some things)" then to say "nevermind. i never get any help here. its a shame ive gotten more reliable help on chameleonforums with these guys than here." thats really not bad, but still.

i dont want to make something out of nothing. i just see things diffrently then what ya'll see i guess. but thats a personailty thing not a right-wrong thing.

From the sounds of it your gecko just has enigma symptoms, that in NO way means it needs to be put down. Unless it gets to the point where it wont eat food at all. It may need more attention like hand feeding and making sure it cant fall off anything high in the tank... But enigmas can be happy and healthy and i dont think anyone should be suggesting it be put down based simply on that.

I have one who's an enigma, she's "special" but she needs neither a vet visit or to be put down.

someone actually suggested culling him! (killing) but as i said to that person, his symptoms are in no way life threatening, and yea, he cant be bred, so what? he will be a pet only! and he has no problem at all eating now, i actually have a youtube vid of the little guy catching crickets with quite accuracy!

they were asking beause they thought it might be an issue, most people here ask the same thing. mabey they would do good haveing a "how to ask for help". its not rude to express feelings(as i was doing :)) but it is rude to throw it at people. its one thing to say "listen, please be more helpful, im finding this forum to not be as helpful as i need(or still unshure of some things)" then to say "nevermind. i never get any help here. its a shame ive gotten more reliable help on chameleonforums with these guys than here." thats really not bad, but still.

i dont want to make something out of nothing. i just see things diffrently then what ya'll see i guess. but thats a personailty thing not a right-wrong thing.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, and thats what i like about this forum, we all do our best to respect everyone elses opinions :) and i didnt mean to be rude, it was a just a vent...now that i know whats wrong with my little guy, im over it :p

I know a lot of us are on Geckos Unlimited, I usually stick to the uroplatus section, but I know what you mean. I hvent been there in months nor here though.

Back
Top Bottom