a stupid question for dubia breeders

KylieT

So, I was at my pet store and we were talking about feeders and the lady at the store said that a guy brought some excess dubia for the store to have to feed off cause he had too many. She said that while they were on the floor she hit the box with her foot and they squealed! I haven't heard anything of this before but do they really squeal?

I have never ever had mine make a sound, except the feet scurrying together - ugh. One squeal and they would be out of here. crickets are bad enough.

I actually like the ambient cricket noise lol if I could get them to quit dying before they bred, they're killing me. OMG if a roach squealed at me I would tweak and be emotionally scarred forever.

Actually, I think I have heard one of mine make a squeal/exhale noise of sorts before. If I remember correctly that is, but under normal circumstances they don't many any noise except when they are moving around.

Last edited:
Actually, I think I have heard one of mine make a squeal/exhale noise of sorts before. If I remember correctly that is, but under normal circumstances they don't many any noise except when they are moving around.
I think any noise is too much noise for a roach.

might be Hissers and not Dubias?
and that was my first thought is that they might be something else, but she was pretty certain that they were dubia. And to be completely honest I don't think that there are many people breeding roaches of any sort in Missoula MT. I freaked when I found out there was at least another chameleon.

humm, i donno. You made me go poke a few of my Dubias and kicked the bin a few times too. But not a pee, aside from the pitta patta of little roach feet.

I think any noise is too much noise for a roach.

and that was my first thought is that they might be something else, but she was pretty certain that they were dubia. And to be completely honest I don't think that there are many people breeding roaches of any sort in Missoula MT. I freaked when I found out there was at least another chameleon.

I hate to tell you this but dubia are also bred for dragons, geckos, and a good few other reptiles. Not many chams around except mine and yours.:(

humm, i donno. You made me go poke a few of my Dubias and kicked the bin a few times too. But not a pee, aside from the pitta patta of little roach feet.

Omg lmao I love that. Well it's official guys science proved that roaches don't squeal.

I hate to tell you this but dubia are also bred for dragons, geckos, and a good few other reptiles. Not many chams around except mine and yours.:(

Actually, there's a guy here in town that does breed chams, unfortunately enough I have been told that he uses the babies for research on Chameleon biology, not likely a person I'd contact for breeding. Though I don't agree with that there is a cutie of a 10 mo veiled of his at the petstore I frequent. She's infertile which is why no one will take her. Oh what I would do if I had the money :/

I think the noise she heard was the scurrying. My friend has a few roach colonies and I'd thought I heard a squeal a while ago. When you have a bunch in one bin and move/kick it, you will hear a noise that can be mistaken for a squeal.

Back
Top Bottom