A Fun Thread :)

Please remember to give credit to the photos you link to, everyone!

I've always had an infatuation with Furcifer balteatus. One of the few species that I think the females rival the males in beauty.

Rainforestcham1.jpg

Rainforestcham2.jpg

FYI, the animal in the second photo is not F. balteatus but a yellow-lip C. p. parsonii.

I would love one of the gentle giants... an Oustalets. :)
(not my picture, found with google image search herehttp://www.calacademy.org/science_now/wild_lives/)
oustalets_chameleon_660w.jpg

Thats actually one of my photos. She was a gravid female I photographed in Madagascar. Nice looking animal.

probably a smith’s dwarf chameleon (bradypodion taeniabronchum). here is where to find a pic: http://arkive.org/smiths-dwarf-chameleon/bradypodion-taeniabronchum/image-G65702.html

Unfortunately that is not a Bradypodion taeniabronchum but rather a Bd. pumilum.

For me I would like to work with Brookesia perarmata, Furcifer minor and Trioceros laterispinis again and be able to work with Archaius tigris, B. vadoni, Bd. damaranum, Bd. pumilum, Kinyongia carpenteri and T. balebicornutus.

Chris

Furcifer willsi, Furcifer petteri, Furcifer minor and Furcifer campani are all up there but getting a posse of Trioceros goetzei would top them all.

DSC_012920100828.jpg

uh duh!! a parsonii!! just kidding:D

to be honest, i would have a chamaeleo quadricornis, chamaeleo melleri, furcifer tuzetae, a furcifer pardalis, and finally, a chamaeleo pfefferi.
those are my top 5 favorites.:D

Sweet Colors! :)

yeah, i totally love the colors and size of this little guy. even the patterned bumps on his side and his thick little hands are cool. there are so many great species we'll never get to meet, but i'm thankful just to know any chameleons at all...and i'll always love my desmond first. :)

yeah most definatley! I love the ones I have as well! BUT It would be super awesome if could could meet some other rare species..Not to keep..but to see that would be awesome!

yeah, i totally love the colors and size of this little guy. even the patterned bumps on his side and his thick little hands are cool. there are so many great species we'll never get to meet, but i'm thankful just to know any chameleons at all...and i'll always love my desmond first. :)

Unfortunately that is not a Bradypodion taeniabronchum but rather a Bd. pumilum.

Chris[/QUOTE]

thanks for pointing this out. you should let them know. i've been in love with the wrong species of unattainable chameleon...
it will take me weeks to recover.

Chris

thanks for pointing this out. you should let them know. i've been in love with the wrong species of unattainable chameleon...
it will take me weeks to recover.[/QUOTE]

I said to myself after clicking the link, "that looks like pumulim". They may not be as unattainable as one thinks:) Hopefully they will come in next year from my friends in Germany!! As for now we have to settle with thamnobates, setaroi and transvaalense:rolleyes:

I have to agree with Trace on the goetzei. I am a Kinyongia fanatic but boy do I love the two girls I have. I would say K. xenorhina but I had a male and with them being notorious to not doing well in captivity I would have to pass them up. I would be happy with breeding groups of K. uthmoelleri, K. oxyrhina, Bd. pumulim, and Bd damaranum. I would say Bd. setaroi also but I will be keeping some from this shipment coming in this year:p

I have my first choice...Oustalets, But if I ever get a chance to get some c.b. trioceros johnstoni I'm there!

Chris

it will take me weeks to recover.

I have, along with over 20 other errors in regard to their chameleon identification. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon or correct them. Its a great source of photos of different species and it'd be nice to see it corrected.

Chris

FYI, the animal in the second photo is not F. balteatus but a yellow-lip C. p. parsonii.

Thats actually one of my photos. She was a gravid female I photographed in Madagascar. Nice looking animal.

For me I would like to work with Brookesia perarmata, Furcifer minor and Trioceros laterispinis again and be able to work with Archaius tigris, B. vadoni, Bd. damaranum, Bd. pumilum, Kinyongia carpenteri and T. balebicornutus.

Chris

It is no longer Calumma tigris its now Archaius tigris thanks for the update. Many books have published the wrong identity of many of the chameleon pictures that they use. One notable one is Masters of Disguise.

Mine would be Calumma globifer and oshaughnessyi plus Furcifer bifidus and balteatus.

You said no Parsons however off the record the subspecies Calumma parsoni cristifer and the the yellow lip phase of the nominate form.

Chris

That is Why I put a Watermark on most of my pictures and ALL of my nice ones.

I still don't know why we can't put Watermarks on the pictures that we submit for the photo contest. I Do get it we want to keep it as fair as possible, by not knowing who's is who. But that is a whole different subject.

Back
Top Bottom