7 Mo. Not Drinkingp

jc31

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Ambanja Panther, male, 7 months and I've had him roughly 3 weeks.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Only when carrying him from cage to outside. I get him outside 2-3 times a week for direct sun in the AM. When outside he's on a umbrella tree so he's not being held very long.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? Crickets, dubia, hornworms, Superworms, Phoenix worms. Anywhere between 10-12 items.
What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed him everyday and Gut load with repashy superload
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?Repashy supercal MED 5x a week, repashy supervite 2x a week.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I warm mist 3-4 times a day, little dripper running all day. When I mist it's typically for 5 min.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Yellow urate and dark brown poo.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I've only seen him drink a few time, a couple times off his screen last week and when he's outside on his umbrella tree after I mist.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Reptibreeze XL screen enclosure
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun UVB & 50 watt Reptisun basking light.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Cage floor 70-75 middle 75-80 top/basking 80-88
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 50%-80% humidity. Mist 3-4 times a day
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? 2 golden pothos with vines from bottom of cage to top. 2 fake plants in back corners.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? I have his cage on a few milk crates in a spare room. Closed the AC vent in the room. Keep blinds up for indirect sunlight.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Sacramento, ca

Current Problem - his urate had a yellow tint and eyes seem a little sunk in. I've seen him drink a total of 4 times in 3 weeks. I understand he will drink when I'm not there but his urate is yellow ish.

I try showering him with spray hitting the wall first but he is constantly trying to climb off his plant. I've done this twice. When I mist I use hot water that I test on my hand first. He also shed on Sunday.

I'm looking into a mist king or fogger if not both. But most likely still a few weeks away from buying them.

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Ambanja Panther, male, 7 months and I've had him roughly 3 weeks.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Only when carrying him from cage to outside. I get him outside 2-3 times a week for direct sun in the AM. When outside he's on a umbrella tree so he's not being held very long.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? Crickets, dubia, hornworms, Superworms, Phoenix worms. Anywhere between 10-12 items.
What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed him everyday and Gut load with repashy superload
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?Repashy supercal MED 5x a week, repashy supervite 2x a week.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I warm mist 3-4 times a day, little dripper running all day. When I mist it's typically for 5 min.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Yellow urate and dark brown poo.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I've only seen him drink a few time, a couple times off his screen last week and when he's outside on his umbrella tree after I mist.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Reptibreeze XL screen enclosure
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun UVB & 50 watt Reptisun basking light.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Cage floor 70-75 middle 75-80 top/basking 80-88
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 50%-80% humidity. Mist 3-4 times a day
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? 2 golden pothos with vines from bottom of cage to top. 2 fake plants in back corners.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? I have his cage on a few milk crates in a spare room. Closed the AC vent in the room. Keep blinds up for indirect sunlight.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Sacramento, ca

Current Problem - his urate had a yellow tint and eyes seem a little sunk in. I've seen him drink a total of 4 times in 3 weeks. I understand he will drink when I'm not there but his urate is yellow ish.

I try showering him with spray hitting the wall first but he is constantly trying to climb off his plant. I've done this twice. When I mist I use hot water that I test on my hand first. He also shed on Sunday.

I'm looking into a mist king or fogger if not both. But most likely still a few weeks away from buying them.

I wonder if the current arrangement of your cage plants might not be holding enough water droplets long enough for him to get to before they dry out. Maybe he's working hard to get enough water even though you spray multiple times a day. Maybe try rearranging them so he can easily climb all over them while they are completely wet, or increase the amount of foliage you have.

I wonder if the current arrangement of your cage plants might not be holding enough water droplets long enough for him to get to before they dry out. Maybe he's working hard to get enough water even though you spray multiple times a day. Maybe try rearranging them so he can easily climb all over them while they are completely wet, or increase the amount of foliage you have.

Here's a photo of his enclosure. Let me know if you still think I need to rearrange the plants.

I did clean his cage on Saturday. The branches are zip tied so they stayed the same, I just moved the vines differently. Could it be he's still settling in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 150
Back
Top Bottom