6 month old male panther size

claudesdad

Hey everyone,

I got Claude from a panther breeder at a large, local Exotic Pet Expo in mid-late October. We were told his hatch date was towards the end of the first week of July, so he just turned six months old. He's adjusted wonderfully, seems very happy, and is growing very quickly.

About that...I just joined the forum today, but I've read a few posts about average size for comparable Ambilobe males. But we've been really surprised by how much he's grown, despite the fact that the breeder told us he was "a good eater" out of his litter and I believe his Ambilobe sire father was pretty large as well. I never got to see pictures of his Nosy Be mother.

October 23, 2017-24 grams at roughly 3.5 months old

January 2018-100 grams at 6 months!

I don't have any reason to doubt he is in a state of health that is lacking in any way. Claude is not the first reptile we've had (he's currently also brother to a 6.5 year old, HUSKY male Bearded Dragon), and we did a lot of research before moving to add a chameleon to our reptile family. His colors are truly wonderful, he continues to eat and drink consistently well, he has shed monthly since we got him, and he has a pretty relaxed and low-fuss demeanor.

But am I correct in asserting that 100g is maybe rather significant for a 6 month old male Ambilobe? Could I expect an unusually large Panther in the next couple years?

That’s a good size male . The average weight of a mature male is approximately 140 to 180 grams. I have 4 male Panthers all within that range
Good luck
Dave

Back
Top Bottom