☠️Chameleon mill in Los Angeles 😱😱

Camiezone

Avid Member
The horror information.
I was just informed that a guy in LA is flooding the chameleon market, he has 400 females on conveyor belt style, living under the worst conditions, constantly breeding them, to where the males reproductive organs are turning black.
Absolute awful and animal cruelty.
He is selling neonates (new born) and has booth at the events.
a customer of mine told me all this, and that he is offered is purchase ambilobe baby males for 35 bucks, and sambava for 60 bucks.
I'm trying to get more info, but ofcourse being met with sealed lips.
Oh just told that they are fed earth worms. Unbelievable. Im so upset and heartbroken for these poor chameleons.
Is there anything that can be done??

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don’t believe there’s any legal way to put a stop to these kinds of operations. I’m not sure if animal cruelty laws even cover reptiles. It is places such as this that provide the animals for the big box pet stores, which is one of the many reasons why it’s not good to buy animals from those stores. The only way to stop these things is by stopping the cash flow. As long as these operations are making money, they will continue.

Unfortunately I don’t believe there’s any legal way to put a stop to these kinds of operations. I’m not sure if animal cruelty laws even cover reptiles. It is places such as this that provide the animals for the big box pet stores, which is one of the many reasons why it’s not good to buy animals from those stores. The only way to stop these things is by stopping the cash flow. As long as these operations are making money, they will continue.
I completely agree. It's just so messed up. Hopefully there's still caretakers outthere, who prioritizes quality and proper husbandry over saving money n getting sick chameleons. I hope he will be ousted by the community like most reptile stores. I am not into this hobby to become rich, but flooding the market under 100 each, is unacceptable. (In my opinion)

The horror information.
I was just informed that a guy in LA is flooding the chameleon market, he has 400 females on conveyor belt style, living under the worst conditions, constantly breeding them, to where the males reproductive organs are turning black.
Absolute awful and animal cruelty.
He is selling neonates (new born) and has booth at the events.
a customer of mine told me all this, and that he is offered is purchase ambilobe baby males for 35 bucks, and sambava for 60 bucks.
I'm trying to get more info, but ofcourse being met with sealed lips.
Oh just told that they are fed earth worms. Unbelievable. Im so upset and heartbroken for these poor chameleons.
Is there anything that can be done??
If you knew some things for sure animal Control could be called out. I believe regardless of the species, if they see dead animals in any of the cages, vermin ie rats and spiders which is likely due to free roaming, poorly kept feeders, things like that, they might be able to at least force him to get up to standards and then he would be on their radar.

Back
Top Bottom