First chameleon have a few concerns

If he does not make it you will want to do an extremely thorough cleaning of everything before bringing home another chameleon. I am so very sorry you had to go through this.
He passed this morning :/. I don’t get it . he went down hill fast after the medicine. They told me it was alright to give him the panacur even when I gave him the dose of the first medicine 2 days prior.

He passed this morning :/. I don’t get it . he went down hill fast after the medicine. They told me it was alright to give him the panacur even when I gave him the dose of the first medicine 2 days prior.
Unfortunatley when they start to decline, they go fast. I don’t think it was the medicine. Chams are good at hiding illness. Chances are he was sick for a good while before you even got him. By the time they show signs of illness, they are bad off. They don’t have many defenses in the wild, so pretending they are ok is one way they defend themselves. A sick chameleon makes for an easy target. It is NOT your fault. You have done everything in your power to help him. Take your time to grieve. I know it’s hard even when you don’t have them long. We are here for you.

Unfortunatley when they start to decline, they go fast. I don’t think it was the medicine. Chams are good at hiding illness. Chances are he was sick for a good while before you even got him. By the time they show signs of illness, they are bad off. They don’t have many defenses in the wild, so pretending they are ok is one way they defend themselves. A sick chameleon makes for an easy target. It is NOT your fault. You have done everything in your power to help him. Take your time to grieve. I know it’s hard even when you don’t have them long. We are here for you.
Thank you. Very tough. I appreciate your kind words.

So sorry to hear this. 😢 You really did all you could. They unfortunately decline very quickly, and this poor guy already started before getting to you. Take another go after an extreme cleaning. I think you’ll be better off next time.

I’m so very sorry for all that has happened and that you lost him. I’m not sure if I can explain it well or if it is something which is even the cause. With wild caught animals which have parasites, they need to be treated carefully to slowly kill the parasites. If there is a high load and they are all killed off quickly, they congest the chameleon’s system and this can lead to death. Also, the location of the parasites can prove fatal. If they are within organs, once killed there really is no system which removes them from that organ and it can prove fatal. I’m sorry if I’m explaining it poorly. You could have a necropsy to determine his cause of death. Again, my condolences for your loss. 😢

Back
Top Bottom