What is this?

chamdy

Found this on a leaf in my male panther chameleons cage. Didnt see poop though so unsure if it us a sperm plug???

Attachments

• 20240405_183917.jpg
    20240405_183917.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 7
Isnt your cham like really young? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Though some discouraged the idea, I got my 4-5 month male this week. My female is the hatchling. They are both doing well and have a wellness vet appointment for him on Monday. I was just curious.

Though some discouraged the idea, I got my 4-5 month male this week. My female is the hatchling. They are both doing well and have a wellness vet appointment for him on Monday. I was just curious.
They do not normally shed sperm plugs at that age. It is a bit young for that to start happening. And we only discouraged the idea because you are fresh into the hobby with a hatchling which brings quite a bit of stress on its own. Moving into two when you are brand new and still learning can be overwhelming for most new keepers. We did not want you experiencing even more stress which in a lot of cases can discourage a brand new keeper.

Take a fecal in if you are doing a vet appointment for him. Just to ensure he is clean.

Take a fecal in if you are doing a vet appointment for him. Just to ensure he is clean.
I am planning to. Do I just put in a napkin in a baggie? I want what is best for him as well. He seems to be thriving in this fresh environment.

I am planning to. Do I just put in a napkin in a baggie? I want what is best for him as well. He seems to be thriving in this fresh environment.
No, you want to flip a baggy inside out and use it to pick up the fecal only. Not the urate. Then pull the baggy back inside right. You do not want anything but the fecal in the baggy. Then seal it up. It should be no older than a 24 hour fecal.

No, you want to flip a baggy inside out and use it to pick up the fecal only. Not the urate. Then pull the baggy back inside right. You do not want anything but the fecal in the baggy. Then seal it up. It should be no older than a 24 hour fecal.
Thank you, I will collect tomorrow's or Monday's fecal. His appointment is at 4. I have found one fecal and the above picture since he came home on Tuesday evening. He is eating 6-8 crickets and dubias daily and drinking. And on Wednesday he had two superworms.

Thank you, I will collect tomorrow's or Monday's fecal. His appointment is at 4. I have found one fecal and the above picture since he came home on Tuesday evening. He is eating 6-8 crickets and dubias daily and drinking. And on Wednesday he had two superworms.
He is only eating 6-8 total a day? Is that because this is the amount he is being given or this is all he is willing to eat?

He had more but dubia are new for him. I can increase his crickets
Ok so with a baby you want to give enough so they are still taking down 2 dozen size appropriate feeders a day. If you are working a new feeder in then you need to compensate for them not wanting those feeders. It is extremely important that they have the food intake they need because this is when they are growing. Where did you get him from?

Ok so with a baby you want to give enough so they are still taking down 2 dozen size appropriate feeders a day. If you are working a new feeder in then you need to compensate for them not wanting those feeders. It is extremely important that they have the food intake they need because this is when they are growing. Where did you get him from?
I got him from a friend who got him for me from a local breeder. He was born in November. He has been raised on only crickets, but I want to vary proper gutloaded insects that are good for him. I am using a feeder on the screen from FramsChams and not just letting free bugs in his cage as the breeder did.

I got him from a friend who got him for me from a local breeder. He was born in November. He has been raised on only crickets, but I want to vary proper gutloaded insects that are good for him. I am using a feeder on the screen from FramsChams and not just letting free bugs in his cage as the breeder did.
Then you definately want to get a fecal run to ensure he is clear of parasites. Can you post a few pics of him?

Here we go

Attachments

• IMG_20240405_092249_472.jpg
    IMG_20240405_092249_472.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240404_085756.jpg
    20240404_085756.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240402_193221.jpg
    20240402_193221.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240402_204020.jpg