UVB lighting

I want to change her feeding a bit and try different food for her like your doing but I’m worried of having to take care of all the insects or then dying so I wanted to ask if it is hard at all or anything you got to do to keep them alive

I only know how to take care of crickets
Its really not hard at all and I'd be more than happy to help you with that if you want to add more bugs to your girls diet.

I'd recommend starting off with just adding 1 more bug to take care of. Once you have the care down for that bug and feel confident then you can work on adding another bug if you'd like.

BSFL are SUPER easy to care for and are an excellent staple food for your girl (and very cheap). BSFL can stay in the same container they were shipped to you in and you basically just put food in the container every other day and remove the old food when replacing it with new. They are a very hardy bug, I've never had any of mine just die off. If you see any black BSFL you can remove those from the deli cup and place them in a separate container with a lid, in about 2 weeks those black BSFL will hatch into a fly and you can feed that off to your girl as well and watch her enjoy a fun bug she will have to hunt down. (literally my favorite thing to do).

I have my routine down pretty good, I'll share what I do and you can use the same routine or take ideas from what I do and make adjustments for what will work for you:

- I feed my bugs on the same days that I feed my chameleons (so Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday)
- Saturday's are my 'deep clean bug days', I MOSTLY clean out my big cricket bins from all the poop, sanitize the bin, and replace any egg cartons that are not good anymore. My other bugs are in some kind of substrate, if that needs to be replaced I will do that Saturdays as well
- Also make and freeze my own gut load (same recipe shared in the document attached), I make enough of this to last me about 4 months worth at a time and keep it in gallon zip lock bags in the freezer. When I feed my crickets/grasshoppers I'll also give them 1 ice cube of gut load on top of the fresh veggie or fruit I am feeding the bugs for that day. The gut load does melt a little and make a disgusting watery mess so I place that on an upside-down cottage cheese lid over a paper towel. The paper towel gets replaced every feeding as well.

What other questions do you have for me?
where do you buy your insects from?

Dubia.com. Bsfl are like five bucks on there. I usually buy a couple hundred at a time.
Thank you so much for your help and advice I’m sorry for the long time for me to respond I did have another question tho I wanted to know if that’s the exact same way you feed your girl when she isn’t planning to lay eggs or you only use that feeding routine when she

Thank you so much for your help and advice I’m sorry for the long time for me to respond I did have another question tho I wanted to know if that’s the exact same way you feed your girl when she isn’t planning to lay eggs or you only use that feeding routine when she
No worries, life is busy I think we all just hop on here when we can :)

That is her feeding routing ALL the time. After she lays her eggs she gets 1 week of extra bugs with calcium just to help build up what she lost in her body to form all her eggs but thats it.

Back
Top Bottom