Photos of the B. transvaalense Chameleons

Any additional opinions? I'm looking through photos of females and I don't know how much my girl compares.

Last edited:
I couldnt find the source or give credit for this pic, it was from some Japanese site I stumbled across...but you can see how much bigger the females will get. Ive seen a female that I think was bigger then this one too. Yay for pictures:D

e0099576_12335373.jpg

Snake taught me a lot with his brady sexing 101. It taught me i am horrible and i mean probably the worst person to ever give an opinion on sexing a brady but i am going to do it anyways..I think the first one is a female.

This is how i do it..If i think it is a male then more than likely it is a female. So..you have a female.:rolleyes: In all seriousness, they all have a buldge to me but your male to female is noticeable.

That photo is helpful, it lets me see the pattern on a girl. I'm pretty sure they are a pair now, his colors are getting super intence (the yellows and teals) while hers are staying that mustardy color. They are so cute, but they are going through small crickets quite quickly lol.

How do you feed the crickets? I just can't have crickets in the cage when they are asleep. The foliage, sticks and fully planted bottom would give them to many places to hide. I don't want to go in one day and find a cricket the size of my Cham.:eek:

I just throw the crickets in. They all gravitate towards the warmth towards the top and by evening they are all gone, the chams do a good job of picking them off. Insects don't survive very long in that cage! The little male in particular is a piglet!

Both sexes of this species, that I have seen, seem to have a nice thick tail base so it can be slightly confusing. You definitely have a nice male and female:)

Back
Top Bottom