One eye closed, rubbing, on and off

That would be awesome thankyou so much. If you want i can send you my email and you can send them too me there or you can just post to this thread i will be watching it. Again thank you so much you have been such a help.

I can post them here, it won't be until like morning tomorrow, he's already has his today.

My chameleon is having the same problem and after a few days the other eye closed. My chameleon is only 3-4 months and I started to worry bc he couldn't see his food therefore stopped eating. I put warm water and saline on his eyes with a q-tip and it only helped one eye. I took him to the vet and they told me he had an eye infection, they gave him a shot and gave me some eye drops to put in twice a day. Also if the eye is bulging, I wouldn't worry too much bc that's how they clean their eyes. If it doesn't get better after at most a week, then I would definitely take it to the vet.

Usually depends on how the eye looks if they have an infection. If there is localized swelling in the turret area there is likely an infection.

image.jpg
Usually depends on how the eye looks if they have an infection. If there is localized swelling in the turret area there is likely an infection.

I put those drops in and i got some in her actual eye. There is a thin layer around the outside of her eye do i need to remove this or just let it dry on its own

Naw it will be fine, if you are doing it every day it will likely stay moist for several days, it's good for the eye health and I wouldn't worry about it right now.

Naw it will be fine, if you are doing it every day it will likely stay moist for several days, it's good for the eye health and I wouldn't worry about it right now.
Should i stop after five days to see if she got better and then do it again if another shed goes bad or do i have to do this everyday for the rest of her life?

Stop after the five days and see if she is better, you may not have to do it again if another shed goes bad, unless she start closing the eye again. If you catch her shedding before hand it looks like a messy one, all you have to do is increase misting for a few days and maybe do a shower. Trust me it's how I get through hard sheds and how almost everyone else does. Got my fingers crossed for you two. If you can see how much money you can put towards a vet visit at the moment just in case she needs it right now. And what city do you live in? We may be able to find a good vet near you who could take a look at her (if it becomes necessary) who has a decent price.

I live just outside of the city of chicago. She already looks a million times better after getting the mass of goo out of her eye from the drops. And both of her eyes are moving rapidly like they used to. Ill continue for 4 more days just to make sure she is comfortable.

Hi all... Found this thread, my veiled cham is having a similar problem. She's got her right eye consistently closed and is rubbing it on a branch. I've had her for about 7 months, she's been pretty healthy up until now. She had a poo this morning and the urates was white and the poo looked normal. She also ate, had about 10 bugs today (she's about 11 months old now).

I don't see any discharge coming out of the eye and I've been misting her regularly.

Today I put her on a plant in the shower for 30 mins and she seemed to enjoy it, and also did a 0.9% saline solution on her eye just to try to see if that would help.

Her eye's been a bit funny for the last 2 days.

I will make a vet's appt but the vet is closed for the weekend. I will try to get her in ASAP but our nearby vet's is pretty busy and realistically I probably won't be able to get her in until Thurs/Fri of next week.

I think it might be one of a few things, wondering if anyone else may have an opinion on how to best treat?

a) A shed - she is currently mid shed so it may relate to this. Her eye hasn't started to shed yet but maybe she's itchy / uncomfortable?
b) An eye infection (also could be related to the shed?)
c) A scratch from something
d) She's pretty rough going through the ficus microcarpa ginseng in her enclosure so I'm thinking maybe she got scratched / got some sap on her eye? She kind of just barges through it and breaks off a lot of leaves

So my plan of action next is to continue trying to treat the eye with saline and frequent mistings / showers (I also have a small humidifier in her enclosure filled with distilled water), and I'll take the ficus out and pray for the best and hopefully I can either get her to the vet's or she can get better

Would love any other advice.

Back
Top Bottom