Melleri set up questions

Sticktongue

Avid Member
Alright. I moved all my cages into another room so i can have a large enclosure for a melleri in my room. I have some questions.

I like how summoners set up with the wire storage shelving. I work full time so i am gone most of the day, so even though the door will be closed all day in the room, I think it would be better to have a cage.

My thinking was, getting this shelving
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

which is 74"H x 48"W x 18"D

Will that be long enough for an adult or will i need to put two shelving units together to make it bigger?

I'm planning on wrapping the sides and back with shower curtains, and for the front.. i was thinking of putting the shower curtains just around the sides, top and bottom to kind of create a small wall that leaves most of the front still open, but it cant reach around to grab something to pull its way out.

From what i've read, they require a ton of water. So i'll buy another mistking and have a 20 minute shower in the morning, 5-10 in the afternoon and another long one a few hours before lights out. To catch all of it i'll have a large bin on the bottom shelf, or create a rain gutter type thing running the water somewhere else, and have a pump in that to pump out the window every couple days. I dont have access to pipe it into a sink or anything like that.

I'll have 48 inch UVB bulb going along the top, and two basking lights set up along the sides so they are not pointing directly down to avoid burning.

Whats your thoughts on these plans? I'm in no hurry and have lots of time to plan and set things up.

Back
Top Bottom