Just Discovered This Part of the Board, So Hello!

SimplyJess

Hello all,

Well, I have to be honest that when I came to this board and saw sections on chameleon husbandry and feeding and all of that wonderful stuff, I got so excited that I did not realize that there was more further down. So I will take this time to introduce myself.

I'm Jessica, soon to be graduate with pre law and writing major and soon to be reentering the college world seeking a degree in law. Not sure which area of law yet, possibly international, possibly intellectual. I will be attending law school in Virginia near the beach (15 - 30 minutes, depending on traffic). I am in Indiana at the moment, and my family will come to visit when I'm in Virginia. I live out in the country in the middle of a woods. White tailed deer, squirrels, raccoons, red foxes, blue tailed skinks, painted turtles, box turtles, orioles, cardinals, and indigo buntings. I work as a writing tutor, court house intern/secretary, and freelance writer all rolled up into one.

At this time, I'm not married, so my sweeties are my pets. I have three cats, Baloo, Sophie, and Maelona. Baloo is a handsome blue Abyssinian named for Baloo the bear from the Jungle Book. I've had him for twelve years now, and he's been wonderful all those years. Only complaint is that he's terrified of most moving objects. The last time I tried to get him to kill a spider, he looked at it and ran. *sigh* So much for protection, lol. Sophie and Maelona are my two little girl kitties, sisters my family and I rescued. They're quite fond of crickets, grass hoppers, and anything ele that they can fetch back to me. They're about five years old and hilarious. Sadly, unless something changes, they don't get to come with me to Virginia *fingers crossed, hoping something changes*

Anyway, I have wanted a chameleon for the past thirteen years. But after researching them, I decided that I wasn't ready to handle one (So glad that I waited; the literature I had on chameleons then is totallydifferent from what I'm finding now). And as part of my reward to myself for graduating, I am going to purchase my first panther chameleon. I can't tell you how excited I am. I've been dreaming about chameleons for awhile, lol. I've got a place set up for my chameleon at home, a lovely sun kitchen, limited traffic except for the far windows where the cats like to sun. And I sometimes go out there to write. The apartment that I'm renting in Virginia is in a quiet corner, well insulated, and has large windows facing the north and east. I went down to visit and measured the windows. Perfect size for a full panther chameleon cage. And the owners are fine with chameleons. In fact, they told me that there are others in the area who owns chameleons and there is supposed to be an excellent vet or two close by. So excited.

So anyway, that's a little bit about me. Nice to meet you all here, and nice to meet fellow chameleon lovers.

Welcome to the forums! What color panther will you be getting? (by the way, most people don't find these posts because they don't always show up on the main page!)

Looking at an Ambilobe from Screameleons. I have completely fallen in love with the colors of panthers. The father is turquoise, red, lime, and yellow. Very handsome and bright mix.

Back
Top Bottom