Grow Lights vs UVB Hooded light

MJQueen

I currently have several grow lights and want to use them in my Veiled Chameleon enclosure. Are there any drawbacks to this light spectrum?
IMG_4131.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4130.png
    IMG_4130.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 11
I have two 34 watt Jungle Dawn LED light bars ganged together (64 watt) on my veiled enclosure and it’s BRIGHT. 200 watts would be about 3X that brightness and might be over kill. It may actually hurt his eyes.

You could always stand under it, light it up, and see how it would be for him! lol do not do that

Might be pretty dang intense for the eyes I would stick to ones that are made for chams like the jungle dawn by arcadia. I have one 34 watt Jungle dawn and this thing is bright as heck so I could not imagine putting a 200 watt LED on the cage.

Keep in mind really good grow lights, only output the spectrum that doesnt reflect off of leaves. AKA your leaves would look black/purple, not "green" since green is not absorbed.

I have two 34 watt Jungle Dawn LED light bars ganged together (64 watt) on my veiled enclosure and it’s BRIGHT. 200 watts would be about 3X that brightness and might be over kill. It may actually hurt his eyes.

You could always stand under it, light it up, and see how it would be for him! lol do not do that
Having accidentally blasted my retinas with a Jungle Dawn today, AGREE.

Back
Top Bottom