Basking under UVB?

@Beman @MissSkittles
I have put together a presentation video that shows you what I did to change. Also, I have the blind down so the lighting in the video is good. Let me know of any suggestions or constructive criticism. Unfortunately, I am not able to get dragon strand ledges at the time but hopefully in the future.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b8aHCXwV3iqcv6NJA
Looks good. You could add more branches though. The spot were you said you couldn’t get the vine to go higher...you could attach a branch to the vines to add another level of height.
There are alternatives to Dragon ledges, such as small expanding garden trellis, creating a scaffolding of branches/sticks and even making your own ledges with metal strips...all of course needs to be attached to the enclosure frame to support weight.
If you had initially bought fake plants, you could hang those on the sides to give her lay bin a bit more privacy until you put plants.

@Beman @MissSkittles
I have put together a presentation video that shows you what I did to change. Also, I have the blind down so the lighting in the video is good. Let me know of any suggestions or constructive criticism. Unfortunately, I am not able to get dragon strand ledges at the time but hopefully in the future.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b8aHCXwV3iqcv6NJA
Ok heat lamp needs to be pulled more forward so it is warming the area with branches.

Talk to me about the shelf... Is this something you built? Has it been sealed? If it is pine it would have to be sealed.

You do not have to get the ledges.. You could do the plastic garden trellis. It comes in a 4x8 sheet typically. Then have your dad cut the panels to fit the inside of the enclosure. Zip tie them to the screen and this will secure them. This would help with mounting branches. But not plants.

Ok heat lamp needs to be pulled more forward so it is warming the area with branches.

Talk to me about the shelf... Is this something you built? Has it been sealed? If it is pine it would have to be sealed.

You do not have to get the ledges.. You could do the plastic garden trellis. It comes in a 4x8 sheet typically. Then have your dad cut the panels to fit the inside of the enclosure. Zip tie them to the screen and this will secure them. This would help with mounting branches. But not plants.
I love that idea! Thank you! My mom and I are going to Lowe's now so will take a look. I will move the basking light today. Let me ask my dad about the wood... Not sure. I know it is leftover from building our deck.

Looks good. You could add more branches though. The spot were you said you couldn’t get the vine to go higher...you could attach a branch to the vines to add another level of height.
There are alternatives to Dragon ledges, such as small expanding garden trellis, creating a scaffolding of branches/sticks and even making your own ledges with metal strips...all of course needs to be attached to the enclosure frame to support weight.
If you had initially bought fake plants, you could hang those on the sides to give her lay bin a bit more privacy until you put plants.
Thanks so much! I can try adding some fake plants on the side again

Did you seal it? Or did it come treated? If it came treated this can be an issue. The only thing I found online about this wood is it is a skin irritant.
I'll have to talk to my dad about it when he gets home. He can also make a trellis for the enclosure. We got some inspiration from lowes

Mine bask according to heat when chilled, but mostly the brightest spots. This does not mean UVB. I make sure that the area I want them to bask, is also lit by the plant bulbs. The go to the brightest area from all my observations. So I configure to this.

Back
Top Bottom