Baby cham care question...

So I have another question he has been sitting a lot with his mouth open today he so a little yesterday but not a lot I'm wondering if it isn't getting cool enough at night for the misting. I know he is hydrated I'm thing too hydrated so I'm thinking about leasing the amount I'm misting but I'm worried he won't be hydrated enough. Picture of his poop as of today. When it dried there was no poop part😥View attachment 342483
I forgot to post a picture so here it isView attachment 342426
Hun talk to me about your lighting.... How many bulbs are you running.

I am betting he is gaping because he is hot.

IMHO, 4 inches is probably too close to the uvb, could hurt the eyes. Because Chams are arboreal, keeping all climbing opportunities at basking branch level or below will keep them out of the strong UVB and away from the heat source. @Beman can give you experienced advice.

FYI- your questions have helped me. I also have a baby and have some of the same questions.

Hun talk to me about your lighting.... How many bulbs are you running.

I am betting he is gaping because he is hot.
I have the vivosun 4' 4 bulb with one being the reptisun t5ho 5.0 I was wondering that but the temps other govee's are in the 70's during the day so that is what has been weird to me. Do you know if there is a way to calibrate them

I have the vivosun 4' 4 bulb with one being the reptisun t5ho 5.0 I was wondering that but the temps other govee's are in the 70's during the day so that is what has been weird to me. Do you know if there is a way to calibrate them
So quads can be a bit more intense because it is a solid fixture that takes up a lot of the venting on the top of the cage. Govee does not need to be calibrated. But where is your highest one positioned. You should be running I am betting about 77-80 at the highest branch. This was my experience running a quad. I currently run 4 separate fixtures and still get those temps as well. But I have more venting.

if that ledge is 4 inches down you should still be fine on max UVB exposure. Same concept of lifting a fixture four inches off the top screen to ensure UVI level at screen is max 6 UVI> Yours would fall into line with that.

So quads can be a bit more intense because it is a solid fixture that takes up a lot of the venting on the top of the cage. Govee does not need to be calibrated. But where is your highest one positioned. You should be running I am betting about 77-80 at the highest branch. This was my experience running a quad. I currently run 4 separate fixtures and still get those temps as well. But I have more venting.

if that ledge is 4 inches down you should still be fine on max UVB exposure. Same concept of lifting a fixture four inches off the top screen to ensure UVI level at screen is max 6 UVI> Yours would fall into line with that.
The top govee is at the same hight of his basking branch and yes it runs 77 to 79 is actually the highest I have seen it. I have lowered my air-conditioning in the room to keep the room cooler and he didn't get hot yesterday so that seemed to help. I just got a computer fan that I was going to place on the top of his enclosure to help move the air more I'm guessing that will help. Unless you don't think that will be a good idea.

The top govee is at the same hight of his basking branch and yes it runs 77 to 79 is actually the highest I have seen it. I have lowered my air-conditioning in the room to keep the room cooler and he didn't get hot yesterday so that seemed to help. I just got a computer fan that I was going to place on the top of his enclosure to help move the air more I'm guessing that will help. Unless you don't think that will be a good idea.
Ok perfect that was what I was going to suggest. Just make sure the pc fan is pulling air up and out the top not blowing it into the cage from the top.
I have to run an air conditioner in summer to kick my ambient temps down more.

But yeah the more bulbs the more heat right in the top 12 inches of the cage.

I think he will be fine even with the ledge sitting. Just make sure he does not start screen climbing the top. Then you will have to lift the fixture. Once he settles in I doubt he will hang out on the ledge.

Ok perfect that was what I was going to suggest. Just make sure the pc fan is pulling air up and out the top not blowing it into the cage from the top.
I have to run an air conditioner in summer to kick my ambient temps down more.

But yeah the more bulbs the more heat right in the top 12 inches of the cage.

I think he will be fine even with the ledge sitting. Just make sure he does not start screen climbing the top. Then you will have to lift the fixture. Once he settles in I doubt he will hang out on the ledge.
Ok awesome thank you.

Back
Top Bottom