ZooMed Naturalistic Dual Hood

xVashtaNeradax

Hello,

I apologize if this is covered in another thread, I searched and it appears that this is an okay question to post here. I am currently setting up a panther chameleon enclosure and have purchased a Zoo-med Dual Naturalistic Hood as well as a combo light package. The UVB bulb that came with this pack is a Reptisun 5.0 compact fluorescent, I believed this to be the proper bulb to buy due to the "Reptisun 5.0 UVB" on the box. I have now noticed that several people appear to be using a 5.0 UVB "tube" light, which they did not have at my pet store. My question is, will my new baby chameleon be okay with this bulb or should I order this Reptisun 5.0 UVB tube light?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am really looking forward to having this little guy and I want to make sure he's got everything he needs to thrive.

-Vash

well you can use it for now, but you should use a fluorescent hood light bc it distributes the light better and allows a broader spectrum, then having the light be focused on one area. I had the same kind and switched it out cuz the hood gives more light, which increases absorption.

Do you still have the instructions for the Reptisun?
If it has an 03 in the bottom corner, it's bad.
If it's an 09, it's good.
I think there was a picture showing the differences on the site somewhere.

yup ^^^ that happened to me and i had to get rid of it. i just bought the hood light afterwards.

Thank you for the speedy reply, I have a tube light fixture already, just a matter of getting the light itself. It appears that the Petco near me has decided to carry "zilla" T-(Insert # here) lights instead of zoo-med reptisun lights. Thank you again for looking into my question :).

-Vash

In the bottom right hand corner of the instructions it says "01-09", it's inside a black box with Zoo-Med's contact information.

Thank you very much for the link, I have one last question. I just took the old tube bulb out of my fixture and measured it from end to end (not including the prongs) and it came out to 17.3 inches. So I am assuming I need to purchase a 18 inch tube light?

-Vash

Thank you very much for the link, I have one last question. I just took the old tube bulb out of my fixture and measured it from end to end (not including the prongs) and it came out to 17.3 inches. So I am assuming I need to purchase a 18 inch tube light?

-Vash

yes an 18inc tube light will fit it.

Back
Top Bottom