Zoo Med T8 box mis-print.

I am not 100% if this is a mis-print or a way to save on money.... But the new T8 lamps from Zoo Med in the 48" box come printed as being a 36 watt lamp. The lamp inside the box should be a 32 watt lamp (in the US). BUT... I have come across 36w lamps, a couple of times.

Today at the Pasadenda Herp World Expo I picked up three lamps. Two 10.0 lamps and one 5.0 in the 48" T8 size. One of the 10.0 lamps was a 36w and I pointed it out to Loren and he exchanged it with me. He told me it is a lamp made in Germany. If I have my info right aren't all of the lamps made in Germany? Maybe he meant it is meant to be sold in Germany?

Well the point I would like to make..... When you buy a 48" Zoo Med Reptisun, check the wattage of the lamp inside of the box. If it is a 36w lamp, the output will be about half that of a 32w lamp, when used in a 32w fixture. The fixtures used in the United States are 32w..... and with a 36w lamp, the lamp will be under driven. Sorta like hauling a 30 foot long trailer with your 4 cylinder engine minivan.... Sure.. you can move the trailer, but not very well. :rolleyes:

Just keep your eyes out...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom