zoo med repti fogger

stephen

I was just on herp supplies.com website and noticed a new product. a Repti fogger!! Wow, zoo med sure know where it is at when it comes to herping.
Anyone have any experience with these?
Stephen

Fogger

I have a few foggers that I used to use all the time. They have amazing visual effects and raise the humidity by 100%. However, they need to be placed in water that is about 3-5 inches deep, depending on the size of the fogger. They defuse about 1 cup of water an hour and if you forget about it and the water gets down past the sensor it will burn the membrane out very quick. When the fogger is on it splashes water everywhere, so it makes quite a mess if not contained properly. I used to use them all the time to raise humidity and put some moisture in the cage, but I then decided to go out and buy a misting system. It does all of the above way better and is way less maintenance. When the mist system cycle is on you can feel the humidity rising in the room immediately. I would recommend a mister over foggers any day.

We just received one from our Zoo-Med rep (I work in a pet store/reptiles). It is an external fogger with flex plastic hose that you can direct/attach in various positions. The water bottle holds one liter of water.

Overall it works rather well. The only challenge I experienced is that depending on the position of the hose, it can trap water and block the mist from exiting. (Had to blow out the hose twice within 3 hours.) This can be corrected (I believe) by adjusting the hose or raising the machine above the cage.

Cons: Wholesale is $45 with a retail around $80+! An ultrasonic humidifier does the same thing for $35.

Just my thoughts . . . hope this helps.

Jim

You can buy good foggers on e-bay thats where I get mine. Or you can get them on shopzilla under misting lamps. It always pays to surf and shop first.

Repti-fogger

It looks like it might be a good idea for a single enclosure,but my addiction is severe and my collection is growing,(not to mention the eggs incubating).I believe it is time to talk to my friendly neighbourhood Mist King. This will solve a few problems at once and is better long term.
Thanx
Stephen

Not that I am suggesting to go buy a fogger, I am not sure we are all on the same page in reference to the exact fogger that the OP is asking about.
Maybe I am wrong, at the same time I believe it to be the new fogger that Zoo-med is offering. http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/E...6MjoiMTkiO3M6ODoiU2VhcmNoX3kiO3M6MToiOCI7fQ== It is an external unit, not like the older foggers that sit inside the cage. (If I am wrong I apologize for confusing everyone.)
After using the Zoo-med one for a couple more days at the store, it works really well. BUT, again it does the same as a Walgreen's $35 ultrasonic humidifier. And I believe the humidifier would be able to handle multiple cages, where I amnot convinced that the Zoo-med could.

Auto-misters are great and I love the one I use at home that I got from Jason at Herpmist. At the same time, I also use a humidifier for my Jackson to assist with humidity. So in certain situations I believe you can make use of both.

Jim

For the 80 or so dollars that Jim said they would retail for, it seem much better to get a mister, especially if your collection is growing. I prefer Herpmist over Mistking. They are quieter, less money, and don't burn out if the water runs out. Just my opinion.

Debby

Well I see that it is only $60 plus shipping . . . A little less than I thought it would be.

Good luck with it

You know Ive been looking at these atomizing humidifiers lately and wondered if they could help combine both humidity and misting better.

http://www.smarthome.com/3281TH.html

even tho they are supposed to be used in a forced air heat vent Ive read some that just release into a specific room.they can come with a thermostat or timer, so on this particular model it doesnt require the furnace heat to run and you can get extra spray nozzles. the device is connected to a tap and then sends water to the nozzles where ever you want them.139.00 and less bacteria....

Last edited:
I was told in here that the fogger was the bad idea, of course I got the waterfall combo. Here is the reason they have been told me

FOGGER
-It will scare the chameleon

and that's why I got rip of that, because it did scare cammy

Back
Top Bottom