Zombie Outbreak

GooglezNvincent

So i had this discussion at work with a couple fellow employees. We were trying to think what would be the best place to get to when the Zombie outbreak hits. Post where you would go, we will see who has the best idea of where to survive. In your post list where you would be, and in that place what you could use as weapons. Keep in mind we are talking about "dawn of the dead" zombies. FAST BLOODTHRISTY SOMBISHES! low intelligence though.

I was thinking the best place would have to be where i was working, Target. I could use their aluminum baseball bats, along with them having butcher knives and meat cleavers in the kitchen section. And for all you people thinking why close combat weapons? Because there is not point in which i would have to reload or that i run out of ammo. It would be useful far longer than any gun or chainsaw. Plus they have a refridgerated section i would eat first, then i would go for the long shelf life items. The food can easily last a handful of people years! I could easily climb on top of all the shelves for the advantage of higher ground. Also if i want to escape for the night to get some rest i can move one of the pieces of the vaulted ceiling and sleep on a support beam.

I like the Target idea. Shopping malls are too large and have too many entrances to be able to really protect against one of these flesh eating fiends getting in.

I do disagree on your weapons of choice. One of these would be much better.
Protecta.jpg

Target carries 12 gage ammo, so that shouldn't be a problem. I would how ever have 3 back ups. A plethora of hand guns, .44, .45s seem to have the most brain destroying ability. Not to mention stopping ability. The .45 was invented to stop advancing soldiers in their tracks. Then a Katana and a base ball bat as a last ditch effort to stop them.

This is great! I will have to think about it for awhile and get back to you. I saw Zombieland again a couple of days ago, Them dudes are super nasty! Yeah, definitely gonna have to mull this one over a bit. Later.

I like the Target idea. Shopping malls are too large and have too many entrances to be able to really protect against one of these flesh eating fiends getting in.

I do disagree on your weapons of choice. One of these would be much better.
Protecta.jpg

Target carries 12 gage ammo, so that shouldn't be a problem. I would how ever have 3 back ups. A plethora of hand guns, .44, .45s seem to have the most brain destroying ability. Not to mention stopping ability. The .45 was invented to stop advancing soldiers in their tracks. Then a Katana and a base ball bat as a last ditch effort to stop them.

Lol Since when does target carry Katana's and guns galore?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Thats why i had to choose hatches and knives and baseball bats!

pure i would have to disagree on the .44 and .45 as they have low clip size due to the actual size of the rounds so i have to go with a 9 because bullet size doesnt matter too much when ur aiming for brains like my springfield nine will take 20 in the clip and 1 in the chamber so ontop of the nine i will take my mini 14 with my double clips of .223 and i will go to my neighbors house cause he has the steal shutters on his doors and windows and i have enoughs guns/swords/ammo to arm a small army plus they are mormons and have a years worth of canned food/water

So i had this discussion at work with a couple fellow employees. We were trying to think what would be the best place to get to when the Zombie outbreak hits. Post where you would go, we will see who has the best idea of where to survive. In your post list where you would be, and in that place what you could use as weapons. Keep in mind we are talking about "dawn of the dead" zombies. FAST BLOODTHRISTY SOMBISHES! low intelligence though.

I was thinking the best place would have to be where i was working, Target. I could use their aluminum baseball bats, along with them having butcher knives and meat cleavers in the kitchen section. And for all you people thinking why close combat weapons? Because there is not point in which i would have to reload or that i run out of ammo. It would be useful far longer than any gun or chainsaw. Plus they have a refridgerated section i would eat first, then i would go for the long shelf life items. The food can easily last a handful of people years! I could easily climb on top of all the shelves for the advantage of higher ground. Also if i want to escape for the night to get some rest i can move one of the pieces of the vaulted ceiling and sleep on a support beam.

Costco, everything is in bulk. More supplies.

Lol Since when does target carry Katana's and guns galore?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Thats why i had to choose hatches and knives and baseball bats!

Well of course one would need to make a pit stop at the local gun shop. :rolleyes: That would be my first destination on my way to Target. fortunately, here in Jacksonville, there are 4 gun shops within a 10 mile radius of my house.

The sword...who says I already don't have a few. ;):cool:

lol look in the back ground in this pic. Those ain't toys. :p
056.jpg

I have an addiction to the late night knife network. *hangs head in shame*

Dinky, Wile yes, caliber doesn't matter much when shooting at heads. What does matter is what happens when and if you miss. The stopping power of the larger caliber bullets will at least give you a second chance to double tap that mofo. Sides, these are meant as a second line of defense. If you have to deal with more than 12 (rounds in that street sweeper) zombies, at one time...you better pray to god for help. lol

My buddy told me he read the zombie survival handguide and the absolute best weapon is the monk scythe. Long like staff with a knife like end. I started laughing histerically asking him "so where in gods name would you find one of those?! Not like you will be running down the street and see one in an abandoned car!"

After giving it some thought here's what I think. I work in a retail pharmacy. Bullet proof glass, steel reinforced doors. Zombie proof. Lots of food of various kinds, clothes, cigarettes, (a personal vice) medical supplies, and medications if needed. You all can fight your way over to my place, take out as many as you can along the way. Bring extra weapons for the rest of us. If anyone is bitten, of course you're not coming in. If you get hurt during the battle, we can fix ya right up. Just no fakey shit, "no, I didn't get bitten. I fell down. Cut myself. Let me in." And then you turn into a nasty ass zombie. No way, Jose. You have a better story for me than that, or I actually have to see what happened. Sorry, no exceptions. Cuz' ain't no zombie gettin' me. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

See Crazy lady, that's the beauty of super Walmarts and Targets. They have the pharmacy there too..all the Rx drugs you could want. Not to mention camping gear, ammo, etc etc. Hell mine even has generators. And if yours doesn't you can build one out of a few alternators you take from the automotive dept, and a lawn mower engine..Not to mention all the spare 12 volt batteries and DC/AC converters you want, can be found on the shelves.

What does it really say about us that the Apocalypse is coming and we think the best place to be is a Wally world or Target. LOL

A government Building. Dept of anything, no difference. Even most zombies would avoid it, and those that didnt would line up like sheep, fill out forms etc, then you could pick them off, one by one!.............."Next"....Boom! ...Sorry sir, you need a p34 form....Next!

:D

A government Building. Dept of anything, no difference. Even most zombies would avoid it, and those that didn't would line up like sheep, fill out forms etc, then you could pick them off, one by one!.............."Next"....Boom! ...Sorry sir, you need a p34 form....Next!

:D

On this note..Dan, here in the states telecom buildings are built with 4-5 ft thick concrete walls meant to withstand winds above level 5 hurricanes. So if you could haul enough supplies with you, this would be the destination of choice. They are built like and look alike a cement block. No windows and only one steel reinforced door. I would imagine this is the same over in Aussie and other parts of the world. Seriously when the sh*t hits the fan, one of the last things you want to loose is your line of communication with the outside world. The governments of the world know this and have planned for it.

As a telecommunications tech, I always found it VERY funny how much people take their phone for granted, until they no longer have it. Working for mostly large hospitals, I know all too well, the damage loss of communications can have. In the hospital environment, if the doctors can't make phone calls, people die.

edit: Just cause, lol. I've even been called into ORs during a procedure to restore service. Usually something stupid, but that doctor knew how important that phone was. I've seen everything from a 2 month old baby being pulled from a mother's womb, to a mans chest cracked open. During 9/11, the amount of phone calls suddenly being made, overloaded most systems. As a matter of fact, one of the main systems that provided a signal that allowed a good number (hundreds if not thousands) of systems a signal, that allowed these other systems to operate, was in the bottom floor of one of the towers. I spent the first 4 hours of this tragedy in a panic, trying to reestablish service to Orlando Regional Medical. The only level 1 trauma center in Central Florida. This was bad....

Last edited:
Actually our government buildings are pretty regular 'drab office' types, desk, room dividers, grey carpet, but not reinforced in anyway (trust me, nobody wants to get in :D)
no hurricanes here fortunately. If they were Im sure even the hurricane would swerve around them, incase it found itself filling in forms and being categorised. :D

Now that I think of it, if Zombies kill/eat people, but a bite turns you into a zombie, do they choose who will make a good zombie?
bite and let go a la mike tyson?
Where do all the zombies come from, if they kill/eat those they catch? If they arnt intelligent, why dont they try to eat each other? Are there animal zombies? Why not? :)

P.S if your Telecom is as bad as our Telstra, Im not surprised they need strong buildings Lol, Many customers 'Not happy'.

Last edited:
To quot the great Bill Murry, "zombies just don't attack other zombies" It's a pretty simple logic. LOL

You would need to see Zombieland to really appreciate this.

Back
Top Bottom