Zippo the mellers likes salad

Jimturner

Established Member
Zippo, one of my larger mellers is a real sucker for food. Always positioning to be seen and begging for a snack. LOL. Today as I was giving my crickets their gutload salad Zippo frantically begged as usual. I offered a small piece of kale & Zippo snatched it, chewed it up and wanted more. All in all he ate kale, romaine and some shredded carrot! I think this is great and adds another dimension to his diet. Plinko, another large meller, is also very food orientated & always hand feeds so I think I'll offer it some veggies as well. Cant hurt. Cheers

Plinko took a piece of kale chewed twice & spat it out! I got some MAJOR stink eye for my troubles. LOL

It is sometimes suggested to serve up a cricket salad in a bucket for melleri... as they snatch crickets, veggies are taken in. This is a very good thing as long as the veggies are safe.

Zippo, one of my larger mellers is a real sucker for food. Always positioning to be seen and begging for a snack. LOL. Today as I was giving my crickets their gutload salad Zippo frantically begged as usual. I offered a small piece of kale & Zippo snatched it, chewed it up and wanted more. All in all he ate kale, romaine and some shredded carrot! I think this is great and adds another dimension to his diet. Plinko, another large meller, is also very food orientated & always hand feeds so I think I'll offer it some veggies as well. Cant hurt. Cheers

That is awesome and neat to hear! It will be interesting to hear if this turns into a normal feeding habit if you offer veggies regularly.

The cricket salad is a good idea... never heard it before. I'll give it a try. Maybe that will get some veggies into Plinko & Pete. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom