Ziggy Growing and Coloring Up

quikksilver8

Pics of Ziggy Growing and Coloring Up

Here are some pics of my veied Ziggy. Its crazy how fast they grow and start to get their cool colors. Just thought I'd share. tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

• DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00051.JPG
    DSC00051.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Eh, your close enough... 1q, is he a nice chameleon?lol because mine that i've had since last friday is jerk, but hes getting better...

Ya he's nice except when it comes time for pictures as you can see. I use a camera phone and he doesn't seem to like the light that comes on as he is showing you in that pic. But ya both my chams don't seem to mind being handled at all.

Chameleons in general are more of a ":look, dont touch" animal. To be honest, many are not nice, because usually you dont want to handle them for more then once to twice a week for extended periods of time.

Jake

I just want him to make him nice.
I HATE MEAN LIZARDS. one time i pissed one of my bearded dragons off and she bit me. but it was mostly my fault lol

Ya I know that chams are not meant to be handled, but just like with all animals if they get used to being around people or handled they will eventually calm down. I know a lot of people with chameleons and they have had success in handling them. My friend had an emerald tree boa that people say can't be tamed and he did it. But ya your right chams shouldn't be handled too much just cuz of the stress.

When I first receive my chameleon (young 1 - 3 months old), i usually let it climb all around me for a couple of mintes everyday till he is used to me and maybe my smell...LOL. After that, i try to handle them as long as they can withstand before turning black. after about a month, i can handle them with ease without stressing them out. A few of them even allow hand feeding now. The only chameleon i can't handle without loosing a limb or two is my 3 years old veiled chameleon. He turn so old and fiesty!!! every time i get near him, he hissed and gape as if i am another male veiled. He is my very first chameleon, and i "listen" to people suggestion not to handle them and they turn out to be a monster.... now, all my chameleon are handable execept 1.:D

My thoughts exactly. I handle mine every day they never have come close to turning brown. i can take them out and hand feed them meal worms. i tried that with crickets and .. well... that was a disaster. We all know crickets don't like to sit still :D The breeder I got him from even said that the more you can handle them the better off you will probably be in the long run. i wouldn't want to imagine what would happen if i listened to people who say not to handle them. I've seen some really fiesty chams.

All my chameleons are handleable. At the same time how ever, i dont think that they should be handled for extendedd periods of time more then 2 times a week. In the wild, no one handles them, and i try to keep it somewhat similar....obviously, nothing is really the same though.

Jake

Ok, see I think people just stress on chameleons too much. I mean of course there hard work and require maintance but to be honest there really no differant then any other reptile....

Jake, of course no one is there to handle them in the wild but for any other reptile is there people holding them everyday? for example... my bearded dragons-in the wild are not held but at home in captivity its alot differant.

Ya but here's the thing... Mine aren't in the wild. They are kept indoors and were captive bred and therefore have never even seen the "wild". Same with the tree boa I mentioned ya it's nippier than most pet snakes but he had it from a baby and with patience and allot of time he has one of the only tame tree boas I've ever seen. Ya I probably wouldn't be able to do that but it is possible with almost all animals.

Back
Top Bottom