Young Fischer's Cham won't open his eyes... Help!

JeffReimer

Within the past few days, my male fischer's cham rerfused to open one eye. This morning I found him hanging upside down with both eyes shut. I placed him at the bottom of the tank but his eyes only opened for a few seconds. His mouth has extra mucus when he opens it and he seems very tired. Help?

Something is very wrong. You need a vet that sees reptiles and preferably with chameleon experience. If not the animal will be dead in no time.

Within the past few days, my male fischer's cham rerfused to open one eye. This morning I found him hanging upside down with both eyes shut. I placed him at the bottom of the tank but his eyes only opened for a few seconds. His mouth has extra mucus when he opens it and he seems very tired. Help?

He's in big trouble, but before we can help we need a lot more information. Please answer the "how to ask for help" questions about your setup, humdity, lighting, temps, supplements and gutloading.

While you're finding a vet, try to get some fluids in him drop at a time. I have noticed closed eyes and mouth mucous in dehydrated chams. I always use pedialyte.

Back
Top Bottom