Woohoo Laying eggs!

sixstring

I just re organized my room, and I looked over and my gravid female has dark and orange and digging dirt. I have a question and an interesting note. 1) how long until she is done laying? Also, my male has had his breeding colors on most of the day which had only happened when he saw the female and they mated. Could he have known she was going to lay without seeing her? Pharomones? Just chance? Do males ever flair up when they cannot see a female? Sorry for the ramble, its been years since I have bred any herps and I'm so excited!

congrats on the eggs! i'm in the same boat right now...just had two of mine last within the last week... and waiting on one more. (we weren't expecting one of those! lol...retained clutch)

now comes the fun waiting. ;)

Come on guys what kind of eggs do we have cooking?:D
we have a clutch of ambilobe x ambanja (unintentional..."long story" type...) and one clutch of ambanja. the one we're waiting on still are ankaramy. =)

i posted pics of the parents of both in threads...if you look at my started threads... =)

Sixstring - it's hard not to. lol. i waited till i couldn't hear any digging going on anymore and still crept up on the bin and barely peeked. heheh...

Here is two of the Kermit, hes all flaired up in one of them. I've got pictures of the female on here somewhere. I just have to find them. And nice Chams Jandie! Beautiful!

Attachments

• 100_4389.jpg
    100_4389.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_4602.jpg
    100_4602.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 76
She dug a million test holes, and saw me a couple times. I had to put up a sheet over my rack because its in my room. Hopefully she will get back to it tomorrow. I will be at school all day and dont get home until 8 or 9, so hopefully she will be done before then and I can collect some eggs.

Wow look at him all fired up! Gorgeous!

My veiled female took a full 24 hours to lay her eggs, and a friend's female took 2-3 days, so yours may be working on it a while!

Here is two of the Kermit, hes all flaired up in one of them. I've got pictures of the female on here somewhere. I just have to find them. And nice Chams Jandie! Beautiful!
aw...thanks! :)

Kermi'ts a beauty!!!! :) i absolutely LOVE the yellows! our youngest boy is from "Divine Touch" (can't remember the actual name...just the meaning..lol...) from Kammerflage...got him cause his daddy's all red and yellow and gorgeous! ;)

I'm on my way to school now, but I looked through the little peep hole I made and she in head first past her butt. Hopefully when I get home tonight at about 8 she will have the hole covered up. I am gut loading some roaches right now and have her cage ready for her. How many eggs do well fed half way though being gravid panthers usually have?

Well she is down in another hole. Lights go out at 10. Do these girls dig at night? Maybe she will finish up tomorrow. Its day 2

Back
Top Bottom