Winter help

Picasso123

So sadly it's beginning to get cold out and I'm wondering how my Cham is gonna handle the winter and what I should do to help him. The house is usually 68 so should I get a 2nd light or a heater? Also my hibiscus doesn't seem to be doing so well lately either?

Hibiscus needs A LOT of sun and really isn't a good indoors plant. Try Schefflera or ficus. As for temps during winter I use a space heater. If you get a heater make sure it automatically adjust to the temperature you set. I just keep it on all the time set to ~72F. The mercury vapor lamp above the enclosure takes care of the rest.

From what I am told is that hibiscus drown easially and need to be planted in moisture control soil as they don't tollerate water well. They really don't need as much sunlight people just drown them to death

Hibiscus needs A LOT of sun and really isn't a good indoors plant. Try Schefflera or ficus. As for temps during winter I use a space heater. If you get a heater make sure it automatically adjust to the temperature you set. I just keep it on all the time set to ~72F. The mercury vapor lamp above the enclosure takes care of the rest.

He didn't seem to like the sunpower bulb but maybe with the reduce daylight an temp it's good for Winter?

You can't use a light at night, and that's usually when it gets the coldest. :rolleyes:

Consider investing in a ceramic heat emitter.

I don't like space heaters as they dry up the air.

Back
Top Bottom