Why hasn't he shed? Any help 

AZcham new boy

Hi, I got my first Cham in April last year and he's awesome, had hum from a baby.
Before Christmas I rehomed him to a much better vivarium with better lights live plants, he is happy in there but he hasn't shed his skin in over two months?
He stopped eating as much but this happened a long time ago, and he eats about right for his age?

Any help please,
Don't want to worry to much and obviously don't want him to get ill?
Thanks for any help,
Aaron

If he is a sub-adult then he may have hit a plateau in his growth for a little while and will eat less. Once they hit their adult growth spirt then watch out! Mine will become little eating machines and shed a lot!

He's 10and a half months,
One of the things I was worrying about is because he's not eating as much he's not getting substrated regularly

Should I be worried???
Please advise
Aaron

He's 10and a half months,
One of the things I was worrying about is because he's not eating as much he's not getting substrated regularly

Should I be worried???
Please advise
Aaron

the shedding is not a problem. He will shed when he is ready. What do you mean he is not getting "substrated" regularly???:confused:

Well because he is not eating as much now, sometimes nothing he isn't getting his substrate, and thought this could be the cause of the lack of shedding.

I use a complete premium chameleon dusting powder, any recommendations of a new approach of dusting?
I gutload my feeders with a drymix I received from a senior member, and also fresh veggies,

Just let me no what u think, glad the shedding isn't so much a worry.
Thanks for all the help it's hard to get good advice in England,
Aaron

Back
Top Bottom