Why does my veiled hiss at me and try to attack me?

Charmaine

Hi. I am brand new to this site and need some info. I have a male veiled Every time I try to get him out or even when he is out and I try to pick him up, he opens his mouth and hisses at me and everybody and lunges trying to bite and attack us? Can anyone help?

This is what they do.
He sounds healthy and normal.
Veileds are pretty much a look and don't touch (at least not too often) animal.
Very territorial and solitary.

-Brad

Veileds are like that. Don't worry, it's normal. As he gets older he may TOLERATE your presence, but I wouldn't recommend handling him anymore than you have to. Some of them don't mind, others will always hate it. It's just how they are.

Why does my veiled hiss at me and try to attack me?

Because he hates your guts! ;)

Welcome to the I-love-being-hated-by-a-chameleon club

Last edited:
most of them do that the people on this forum taught me that i shouldnt handle my chams too much..i was handling them a lil to much but now i learned not too your chams will be happier if you dont touch and pick them up as much just enjoy their beauty

Some reward show. He was getting booed while presenting an award and asked the audience why. Danny Bonaduce came out and told him that is because "they all hate you". After he walks away, Fairplay jumps up on him and pretended to be humping him. Bonaduce then proceeded to throw him over his head, breaking several of Fairplay's teeth as he landed on his face.

Mine used to tolerate my presence but now does the same thing.

"If you come near me, plan to pay for it in blood!"

Back
Top Bottom