White Plains show

littlevillage

Has anyone ever been to the White Plains show in NY? I believed it's the biggest one in my area & it's still 3 hours away. I plan going on the 30th & I'm very excited.

Its a good show. Ironically though, they have been getting more and more vendors each year but offering less and less variety. The vast majority are selling common snakes ( colubrids, boas, pythons ), bearded dragons, and leopard and crested geckos. You can find chameleons usually but not always the most reputable vendors. I got one at the last show from Beeger Boxes ( not th cheapest offer there but the most pleasant buying experience and a nice healthy veiled ). There was another breeder there and then a couple of people who had some chameleons mixed in with their other stuff. There was one guy with a large amount of baby chams but he was real shaky. He wouldnt give his name, even vendor name, claiming that he normally only sells wholesale so his name isn't important! If you are willing to spend a few hours there, its worth it. I say a few hours because its crowded and you'll need a lot of time to really check out the goods and talk to vendors but you'll want to stay to the end to get the better deals.

Thanks for the info. I've been to a couple other shows but I know White Plains is a lot bigger. I don't think I'm really looking to buy anything specific but I still like to look, especailly now that I have found someone who has the same interest as me. That makes it twice as much fun.

I am excited to go back to this show after going my first time on September 7th of this year. I was curious if anyone from the boards who is going that might have dubias to sell there? or could bring some..

I am also looking for anything that would be a treat for my veiled...

also I have some cricket gutload based off the adchams recipe I could get rid of if anyone needs ill bring it

ill be thir we should all me some where at the show it would be good to put the face with names:eek:

Hey man, I got an older picture of myself on the "whose behind the computer" thread. I'm just a little older now.

Do you normally go for the whole day?

not realy i go walk around get what i need and then take off but if you want to meet let me know

i sent you an email colorcham :)

the whiteplains show is huge but like someone stated before its 2% chameleons 90% snakes and the rest is geckos with maybe a percent left for others stuff like spiders frogs turtles monitors. Id say the only real cham vendor I saw was screameleons. I have to say their table blew my mind. Im pretty sure they had baby panthers (month or two old) for 100$. They also had adult panthers that were amazingly beautiful.

If you look really hard and get there early there are random vendors who have chameleons. Usually they are dwarf, veiled, senegals, pygmy, and jacksons. Unfortanetly these vendors from what I saw dont know anything about the chams they have. I was told I was buying a male veiled and it turned out to be female. It didnt matter to me but I could tell they knew very little about the chameleon.

All in all it was an amazing show when I went in September. They had some cool stuff. This one vendor had a 800$ gecko that looked more like a shar-pei dog then a lizard it was literally a foot and had to weigh a couple pounds. The deals on supplies from the zoo meds booth were 20-80% off normal retail.

Its worth going to cause you never know what youll run into. Most vendors are really nice and knowledgable. Maybe, if your really lucky like me, youll see a curious housewife get bit by a snake. Apperantly her husband forced her to try and hold it in an attempt to win her over on snakes. Mid flail the vendor managed to catch the snake in the air before it hit the ground and got trampled by the sheer mass of customers packed like sardines infront of his booth.

I will probably be there most of the day. If I'm driving over 3 hours to get there, I'm gonna make sure I see everything! Plus, it's not very often that I get to go to an expo & the other 2 that I did go to were small.

Back
Top Bottom