white eye???

Britgold

i dont know if my 12 week old chameleon is shedding or not but around her eye is like she's got white skin.. i hope this isn;t a stupid question but i've never seen a chameleon shed before so i dont know it made me a little nervous because about 2 hours ago she was itching her eye and it was not white so could someone help me out and let me know if maybe she is shedding or not..thanks

i dont know if my 12 week old chameleon is shedding or not but around her eye is like she's got white skin.. i hope this isn;t a stupid question but i've never seen a chameleon shed before so i dont know it made me a little nervous because about 2 hours ago she was itching her eye and it was not white so could someone help me out and let me know if maybe she is shedding or not..thanks

Sounds like she is shedding. Often you will notice them rubbing their eye one morning, and a few hours later you'll see the skin all white. A few hours after that (or quicker) the shed will have dropped. Sometimes it starts with the eyes, sometimes somewhere else on the body. Of course, without a photo it's hard to no for certain, but that's what it sounds like. Extra light misting can sometimes help them with a shed.

Back
Top Bottom