Where to place the hygrometer?

Joann

I actually have the digital temp/hygro from walmart with the temp probe for outdoors and the unit for indoors( I use these in all my snake cages).If I put it inside the enclosure its going to get wet. I may need to buy a different Hygrometer.What does everyone here use to measure your humidity in the cage also wheres it located inside?

I use one from Wal Mart too, it is for indoor outdoor use so i figured it should be fine if it gets wet and it has been accurate so far.

placement....

i dont even use the digital ones. i have a digital thermometor but not a hygrometer. i placed mine about half way up the terranium because the highest humidity tends to be lower in the tank, and the loweset tends to be at the very top... so i figured halfway would get a rough estimate and i keep it at 60+ because the top tends to be 5% lower than the middle and the bottom usually is 5% higher. so i just make sure my gauge doesnt hit 55 or lower because then the top is to dry.

This is not the indoor outdoor kind.It has a probe on a long cord to put outside but the main unit is supposed to stay inside.I think I might buy one of those cheap round hygro. for inside the cage.
I'll put in the middle too that sounds like great place.

digital....

actually i think i know what kind your talking about! i have a dig. themometer like that and i have had no prob with it getting wet! take a pic and post it and i can let you kno if its similar to my thermometer. if so you are fine! but like i said i have the cheap round ones and although you get just a guesstamate because every line isnt labeled its still just as accurate in my honest opinion!! but take that pic and i will let you know!!

I know, put the probe in the cage and leave the unit on top outside the cage. The probe is made to be outside which prolly gets wet when it rains.

Back
Top Bottom