Where do you

erika723

buy roaches for your chameleons? I don't want to raise my own (my husband would frown upon that, sadly) but I would like to get some babies for Spike to try. He is not enjoying crickets. I have ordered some phoenix worms, has anyone tried those?

Thanks for any advice or links!!

-Erika

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with phoenix worms, neither were my chams. They ate a few but were never really excited with them. I would try some silkworms, hornworms, or butterworms if your chams are looking for variety. Butterworms are the easiest and full of calcium. You can order those from several places online and my guys love them! It's their pasta. :)

Greg's roaches are absolutely fantastic. His shipping method is perfect and I have never received a dead roach from him. He is very nice and informative, and has some of the best prices I have ever seen. Just e-mail him and he'll help you out.

http://www.gregsexoticinverts.com/

I just ordered a colony of P. nivea from Zephyr and he was very helpful as well. he has a great reputation and cannot wait to receive my order.

http://www.roachforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2844

These are the two best guys to go to for roaches.

Roaches are just better than crickets. Period.

Hope this helps!

That's a first! Lol! I usually I read about the wives not wanting Roach breeding in their homes. :) I myself LOVE Reptiworms... Hugh LOVES them and chows down. Good thing about them is that there is no need for dusting! Even when Hugh didn't eat all of them "on time" I waited a couple of weeks and BAM you get a bunch of cool looking Soldier Flies which Hugh went CRAZY NUTS for. I LOVE them and can't wait to get more.

That's a first! Lol! I usually I read about the wives not wanting Roach breeding in their homes. :) I myself LOVE Reptiworms... Hugh LOVES them and chows down. Good thing about them is that there is no need for dusting! Even when Hugh didn't eat all of them "on time" I waited a couple of weeks and BAM you get a bunch of cool looking Soldier Flies which Hugh went CRAZY NUTS for. I LOVE them and can't wait to get more.
Haha! Yeah, my husband is not so crazy about my chameleon obsession. He hates the crickets so much. I can't even feed my frogs and cham when he's home. Such a baby!! lol

I convinced my fiancée to let me keep a dubia colony and in return I rubbed her feet, try that. Lol. My cham would not touch Phoenix(repti) worms, nor butterworms and he wasn't that crazy about silkies either. He is a straight up dubia,superworm,hornworm,bb fly eater... although I will try the butters and silks in near future as its been almost 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom