Where do you keep all your animals?

littlevillage

I'm just curious where everyone keeps there animals. I personally have a small zoo & there is animals everywhere!
Where should I start....how about the dining room....1 veiled cham, 1 baby water dragon, 1 lovebird, a mixed viv with a fire belly toad, house gecko, an anole & a green tree frog.
The livingroom has a box turtle, a veiled cham & a parakeet.
My bedroom has a cuban tree frog.
My son's room...1 dungarian hamster.
My daughter's room ( the busiest room af all ) has a guinea pig, a chinchilla & 2 leopard geckos.
The hall way also has a veiled cham.
All these plus 3 dogs & a cat.
Like I said...a zoo! I'll be glad when my reptile room is done! It has gotten to be a necessity!:)

In our new house we've (so far) managed to keep the cages and terrariums concentrated in just a few rooms.
We turned one bedroom in a chameleon room where all the chams are housed and another bedroom into Jake's room. Jake is our iguana, he has free access to the entire house but his 'condo' is in this room. He has to share his room with the 2 bearded dragons, the hedgehog and the red eyed tree frogs. We also have a cat and his room is wherever we are. :)
In the living room we have just a freshwater aquarium.

PS: how do you manage your cat/dogs and your parakeet? Do you let the parakeet out at all?
I used to have parakeets before I had a cat and I'd love to get one again, but I'm worried about a Sylvester and Tweety scenario only less funny. lol

- Suzanne

My bedroom - Veiled chameleon, cat on my bed
My brother's room - 9 Leopard Geckos (7 hatchlings, 2 in quarantine, just picked them up from Missisauga Expo today :)) as well as all the crickets, mealworm colonies, wax worms, incubators and god only knows what else.
Living room - 3 rats, 6 goldfish (there were 2 koi about 3 weeks ago in the pond, but they got eaten by a heron (?!? got pics, not kidding) before we brought the fish in for the winter), Leopard gecko breeding colony #1 - 4 more geckos (colony #2 coming this summer :D)

this doesn't include the geckos that other people owe my brother.

To put it in greater perspective, the only animals we had before January 2008were the fish and the rats.

Almost forgot
Air Ducts - 2 house geckos, my brother's first lizards from 5 years ago, and they're still around.

I think my brother's beats your daughter's room (and he's only 13)

-dining room, cichlid fish tank, 1 bumblebee, 1 kenyi, 1 yellow lab/ all full grown
-living room, piranha fish tank, 1 red bellied piranha/ full grown
-spare bedroom,
/cichlid fish tank, 1 red zebra, 1 albino zebra, 1 golden, 1 yellow lab, 5 tiger barbs/ all babies
/tarantula encloser, chilean rose tarantula/ full grown
/anole encloser, 1 male 1 female green anoles/ both babies
/crickets large and small
-office, custom built cham cage, 1 veiled chameleon female/ 10 months old
-1 cat/ everywhere he can get in the house

my room: 1 anole 1 leopard gecko 1 veiled chameleon 1 baby panther chameleon
Laundry room: red eared slider
Sister's room: Red eyed tree frog
Living room: 7 fish assorted and 3 frogs in with thim
Kitchen: 1 betta

Others: 4 cats 1 dog

In the...
Dining Room: 1 Cockatiel, Veiled pair, House gecko, Baby Veileds, 2 Nosy females, 1 Ambilobe female, Pygmies
Family Room: Fischers, Mellers, Side-stripe
Lanai: Oustalet Pair and male nosy, Roaches, Crickets, Turtles
House: Great Dane and Lab/Pit mix
Daughter's Room: Ball Pythons and Water Dragon
Everywhere: Spiders

[QUOTE

PS: how do you manage your cat/dogs and your parakeet? Do you let the parakeet out at all?
I used to have parakeets before I had a cat and I'd love to get one again, but I'm worried about a Sylvester and Tweety scenario only less funny. lol

- Suzanne[/QUOTE]

The birds come out when the dogs are outside & the cat gets locked in the bedroom. My one dog is my biggest worry when it comes to the birds, not so much the cat. It's the same way with the chams. Basically, everyone has to be in there respected areas so we have no mishaps.

[QUOTE

I think my brother's beats your daughter's room (and he's only 13)[/QUOTE]

My daughter is only 8 & she's still asking for more. Right now she has a bearded dragon on the brain.

my room. veiled chameleon, bearded dragon, 6 leopard geckos, 4 Dendrobates azureus, and a 175 gallon tank filled with oscars and red devils. my sis' room, 4 whites tree frogs, a tokay gecko, 2 leopard geckos, a hamster, and her dog (a rat terrier), my living room, a 200 gallon tank with red bellied piranhas, and oh did i mention i have an incubator with a crapload of leopard gecko eggs in it. most are pre-sold.

free roaming 5 cats 1 dog 1 rabbit all get along very well but rabbit does think he is a cat
sons room 1 hamster
utility room 5 gerbils
dining room 1 common boa
living room 3 veiled 1 mating as we speak 8 beardies 1 hermans

Dex is in the living room right now. We have a spare room that has become the storage room so we're going to clean that out and turn it into a reptile room whenever we get a spare day or two.

We have two betta fish that are in the kitchen.

The dogs (4) and cats (2) are free-roaming.

Poor leopard gecko is all alone in the dining room (he doesn't seem to mind).
Living room: one intentionally free-range panther chameleon, one not-so-intentionally free-range marbled gecko (who has been loose since late July, is willing to be hand-fed so long as I try no sudden moves, and understands his drinking water dishes). Tiger salamander in a terrarium. Oregon newt in one aquarium, African clawed frog in another aquarium, bunch o' fish in a third. One EcoTerra standing empty awaiting conversion to a pygmy habitat.

One chameleon, in my office/hobbyroom/guest bedroom (its not a big home). One cat, anywhere the princess wants to be except the office (which is source of eternal frustration to her)!

In the bedroom - a 2'x2'x3' glass cage with a juvenile iguana. My little baby is growing like a weed and has pretty much outgrown its current cage. I hope to have a backyard one day, dream on right (I live in SoCal in a one bedroom apartment)?

In the living room - One eight-month-old male veiled in his chameleon condo, one male African fat-tailed gecko and one female cobalt blue tarantula

If only I had the space I would have a tons more herps and I still dream of getting my first panther chameleon or a little beardie :rolleyes:.

Animals...

In my kitchen I have a 20 gallon reef tank, 3 vivariums with a total of 9 poison dart frogs of three different species, a 70 gallon terrarium with a screen cage built on top with a female ambanja panther chameleon. In my livingroom I have a 60 gallon freshwater plant tank and inside the stand I have a killifish hatchery with I don't even know how many killies. In my spare bedroom i have a pair of intensive red factor canaries, 3 juvenile emperor scorpions, a male satanic leaf tailed gecko and a male ambanja panther chameleon. And I have a florida room on the back of my house that has an indoor pond and an aviary with a pair of button quail. Oh yeah, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh yeah, also in my kitchen are two house geckos that hatched yesterday and In my spare bedroom I have around 150 Cuban treefrogs that are a combination of tadpoles, half morphed and completely morphed froglets that I will be shipping out soon. The treefrogs are from a rescue effort from a pool that was full of tadpoles that cannot be released back into the wild here in Florida. And I almost forgot the most important (and expensive with vet bills) my dog Zeus, a 90 lb chocolate lab mix that has free roam throughout the house.

If I would have filled this out a couple of years ago I would have had 1 bedroom with 4+ adult panthers and a lot of babies and eggs, and another bedroom with a few different montane species of chams, and in my bedroom baby chams and pigmys, and babies in my kitchen. In other words overrun with chams...

Last edited:
haha guess i really come up short in this one...

just one awesome little ambilobe 4 month old with mass color for his age (in picture he looks full grown because of it) who chills out in his reptarium in my bedroom :) ferdinand is a beast!

Here is my jungle:
My Room: One Panther, one Veiled, 100 or so orchids under lights:D
Daughters room: Pair of Zebra Finches, 2 Hamsters
Living room: D. auratus tank, Green cheeked-conure, orange fronted conure
Dining room: D. tinctorius tank, Fire bellied toads, more orchids:D
Laundry room: Crickets, Crickets, Crickets and Superworms LOL

Back
Top Bottom