What kind of camera is the best for cham pics?

pinocchiosmommy

I have been noticing that I need a better camera. My pictures look really blurry. It might be me taking the pictures, but I think it might just be I have a generic camera. Just wonder what kind of cameras some of you use.

Last edited:
i use a Canon reble xti its a pretty good camera, there are alot better out there but it works for me

just play with them at the store, I think that anything that has a close up setting or a small focus lense will work, yes its mostly true the fancier the better but NOT always. I have a canon powershot that i bought when it 1st came out 3 years ago and it takes amazing pictures still and the newer one that came out with more setting and higher power took crap pictures I took it back! I also have a nikon that i stood in line for all night thanksgiving for :) that does great close up pictures!! so read reviews and go somewhere where you can check it out and see!!

You didn't mention budget. A good set up would be a dslr with a 60mm macro lens. D80s are fairly cheap now.

I sold off all my digital equipment to buy a bike last year. Now I regret it. :mad:(but I love the bike!:D)

Once I get some cash together I will buy a used d80 and a 60mm macro. You can get that setup for about $500 if you are patient.

That said, more important is lighting and your set up area. I would avoid using flashes considering how delicate chameleons eyes are. Check out www.strobist.com for some ideas on how to place lights. That site is all about flashes, but light is light. You can get buy just fine with a point and shoot as long as it focuses close enough.

I have a Sony Cybershot now, and it's okay when I'm outside. But It seems like all the photos that are zoomed in are blurry. I'm thinking a few hundred, possibly $500. I will probaly only use it to take pictures of my little guys.

I have a cannon t2i it has 19 megapixels picture cam and records video in hd as well. price is a little high but you wont be mad.

I have a Sony Cybershot now, and it's okay when I'm outside. But It seems like all the photos that are zoomed in are blurry. I'm thinking a few hundred, possibly $500. I will probaly only use it to take pictures of my little guys.

That camera has a digital zoom, which is why it's blurry. You need something with an optical zoom, which is what you'll get on a dslr. They're not cheap, but there's no comparison when it comes to dslr and point & shoots. A macro lens is a must. Spend the money and you really won't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom