What is this?

coffeeguy89

Today I noticed a small discolored spot on Yoshi's side. I looks like one of his scales is swollen, and the scale it's self looks like it's lost its color. Is this anything to be concerned about? If I had to guess I would say it's a cricket bite but since I've never seen one I really have no idea.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - 17 month old Ambanja male under my care for almost a year
Handling - 1-2 times a week to move him to his free range
Feeding - Crickets, dubia, superworms, waxworms, hornworms, silkworms, blue bottle flies. An average of 5-6 feeders a day, most gutloaded with a mix of spirulina, bee pollen,dried kelp and brewers yeast along with apples, carrots, oranges and dark leafy greens
Supplements - Rep-cal calcium without d3 every other feeding. Rep-cal calcium with d3 and herptivite twice a month
Watering - Mistking running 5-7 min 4 times a day. He also drinks directly from his spray bottle every morning
Fecal Description - Most yet firm dark brown with a white urate. never tested for parasites.
History - Purchased from Scremeleons last summer

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4 all screen
Lighting - linear reptisun 5.0 changed every 6 months, linear 5500k, 12/12 light cycle
Temperature - 86F basking, 70-72F at the bottom, 65-70 nighttime, measured digitally
Humidity - 50-60% as a result of automatic mister. measured with an analog gauge
Plants - Umbrella tree
Placement - About 2 feet off the ground in a low traffic corner of my room. No near by air vents
Location - Saint Charles, Illinois

Current Problem - Swollen, discolored scale

Attachments

• yoshi.jpg
    yoshi.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 166
It would do no harm at all to dab some Polysporin (OTC) ointment on it and watch to see if there's any change over the next few days. Might be nothing.

Back
Top Bottom