What is the best Misting System for about 5-10 cages?

Mmcbain1

Looking into investing in a new misting system I wanting to take a poll of what system you all like the most?

I just installed a mistking and I'm very satisfied with it. The only recommendation I have is that I found the single nozzle coverage was insufficient for my cage which measured 24"x16"x30". I just ordered a dual head nozzle for those cages and quad head nozzles for my 2'x2'x4'.

Thanks chameleonkev, another vote for Mistking any DIY misting systems out there that dont involve being connected to a hose or a constant water source?

I tried to find a pump online that could handle the pressure you need to run a misting system. The problem is that most pumps are either too expensive (+$400) or don't produce enough pressure. Mistking proves to be the best bang for your buck, but really you only need the pump and the timer. You can rig up the rest of it with stuff from hardware stores such as Home Depot. In my next post I'll show what I did...

I can't figure out how to upload pictures on here, any suggestions??? All I can find is a URL Insert Image and I have no idea what that's all about.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 266
Nevermind, I guess I fugured it out.

Basically here is my simple system. I have the orange bucket as my reservoir bucket, and the blue bucket is my drain (Picture #1). My Mistking pump draws from the orange bucket, pumps through drip system 1/4" tubing which can be found at any hardware store in the sprinkler sections. I drilled a 1/4" hole, just the size of the tubing, and ran it directly into the side of the first of my two cages (Picture #2). It is important to have your misting nozzles inside the screen, because if you do not, water will collect on the outside of the screens and you'll lose your misting effect. I used nozzles and hoses from a cheap $10 misting system from Home Depot designed for patio use, securely connected this in line with the 1/4" tubing (Picture #3). I continued the 1/4" tubing out of the 1st cage and into the 2nd, and ended it in the 2nd cage with a plug on the end (Picture #4). Because of the small volume of water that is run through the misters, you should be able to run up to 10-15+ nozzles on one mistking pump. I'm not sure what the exact limits are, but one pump should be able to handle a lot. I hope this gives you some ideas.

P.S. - Sorry if my pictures don't line up. I'm having all kinds of trouble with this thing.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 216
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 210
mistking all the way! and awesome customer service from marty..

you can find a system on mistingdepot.com for around 108.00 shipped (depends on where you live)..

I was going to make a misting system, but after crunching the numbers I decided to go with the mistking starter kit with the plus package for the zipdrip :D

It's honestly the best investment I've made on the cham's

Wow all mistking fans! Guess I will have to go with one of those. Can i use it for 5 cages? I know it supports 20 nozzles but does that change if i have a lot of tubing? And distance between cages?

I have 3 mistking systems and I love them. Aquazamp also builds a similar product but as it is not up here in Canada I have never tried it.
Marty has alwsy taken great care of me!!

Back
Top Bottom