what is the best incubator to use

mcghee26

Have a question for all of you out there. I am looking to breed my veiled chameleons here shortly and was wondering what would be the best incubator I could use. Also, not to sound cheap, but money is tight, and also am looking at the most cost effective. I was looking a lllreptile's incubators and wonder if any of them are good enough to use. I live in ohio and obviously winter is going to be here before we know it and with all the temp fluctuations we have here, I want to be sure to get one that is going to work well.
Thank you all for your input!!!

Hey this is the most simple to make and use!
Take a big enough fish tank fill it up with about 4 inches of water get a submersible fish heater Im sure you know what that is put it on the floor of the glass in water then set it to 25- 28C!! Take something like 2 bricks or something level put a rack that is well balanced and absolutely will not fall on top of the bricks etc get your egg containers and just remember to do all your water to vermiculite or whatever you will decide to use for the eggs then put the containers with lids not completly closed but on top of containers then put thr containers on the rack put the fish tanks lid back on and thats it.
And you can put polystyrene that is the same measurements as the tanks and just have that on the sides and bottom(for protection).Then put the FISHTANKS lid on nicely that will also have polystyrene on and thats it.
Because the eggs will be surounded, which is in the incubator the humidity will be fine so you wont have to add water to the vermiculite every 2 weeks, I dont think you have to, just fill up the water in the aqurium/tank when it is getting lower.

P.S at these specs they should hatch from 6-7 months.
Hope this helps.

Shallow plastic sandwhich containers with lids on (poke a hole in the tops) put about an inch of vermiculite or perlit (*sp) in them, then put them in a shoe box in the closet, keep them at room temperature about 75. And make sure they stay moist, before you put the vermiculite or perlit in the container/s make sure you wet and drain it first.. For more indepth detail about this do a search on here; alot of info will pop up..

Back
Top Bottom