What Does a Kinyongia Cost in Your Country?

Seeco

Avid Member
What does a Kinyongia cost in your country or town or wherever? If you know the going rate in your country or even see one in your US or CA petshop, let us know -- species, WC or CB, sex and cost.

I think the average WC K. multituberculata here is $65 male or female, and CB is $100

What does a Kinyongia cost in your country or town or wherever? If you know the going rate in your country or even see one in your US or CA petshop, let us know -- species, WC or CB, sex and cost.

I think the average WC K. multituberculata here is $65 male or female, and CB is $100

That is about what I have seen for wild caught Kinyongia here in Central California, $45-65 for K. multituberculata. The other that is available is WC K. tavetana and those seen to be a bit less around $40-50. Lastly although rarely seen is K. matschiei although it was a while ago I have seen a pair that if I recall was going for $75-100 apiece (although it could have been more).

I have here some examples for prices in Europe:
K.multituberculata: WC starting at 40€ - up to 150€ in pet shops, CB ones starting at 50€
K.matschiei: CB ones between 100-150€
K.vosselerei: CB starting at 100€
K.oxyrhina: WC pairs starting round 250-300€, CB pairs starting round 300€
K.tenuis: similar to oxys
K.uthmoelleri: WC pairs offered round 300€
K.xenorhinum: WC specimen start at 150-200€
K.tavetana: WCs starting at 40€, CB ones at 50€

In general the market for Kinyongias is similar to the one in the US, just a few people are working really professional with them. Trioceros and especially Bradypodions have many more "fans".

In general the market for Kinyongias is similar to the one in the US, just a few people are working really professional with them. Trioceros and especially Bradypodions have many more "fans".

Yes it is kind of similar. I know K. oxyrhina and tenuis look similar but I wonder if they are equally common in the wild to explain the same price.

multi are over priced here in the US......we have 1 main breeder who pretty much has a monopoly on the species and is charging us "humble" keepers an arm and leg for them......its horrible, some1 should report him to the feds!!!...:rolleyes::p

K.multituberculata: WC starting at 40€ - up to 150€ in pet shops, CB ones starting at 50€
K.vosselerei: CB starting at 100€
K.oxyrhina: WC pairs starting round 250-300€, CB pairs starting round 300€
K.tenuis: similar to oxys
K.uthmoelleri: WC pairs offered round 300€
K.xenorhinum: WC specimen start at 150-200€
K.tavetana: WCs starting at 40€, CB ones at 50€

my buddy in germany is wanting to get a chameleon and the pet store asking price is 300 euro's i told him imo that it way to expensive for one. were in germany are you located????

Canada is sky rocket for WC animals. And not many breeders throughout Ontario (that i know of)

I bought my adult WC for $112
have seen them on the list for about $75-80

now mind you, i bought my WC for that price, because never before had i seen anything other than veileds, pygmies and panthers available. but the species have become more broad

i could have had my pick at mellers, mt.meru jacksons, flapnecked, deremensis among others, with mellers and mt.merus going for $150-$175! flapnecks around $75...WC:eek:

Canada's great, but it's hella expensive :mad:

my buddy in germany is wanting to get a chameleon and the pet store asking price is 300 euro's i told him imo that it way to expensive for one. were in germany are you located????

The number one source is terraristik.com. There are 1000s of ads online. A pet shop is for reptiles probably the worst possible source, especially for chameleons.

There are absolutely no Kinyongias here in the good 'ole southeastern U.S. that I have seen, as far a sseeing then in petstores. Veileds, Veileds, Veileds, Panthers and Veileds.

Mine were a steal. I found them on craigslist - $100 for the pair. CB and just the sweetest!! We now have 16 eggs from them and can't wait for more cuteness to hatch!

10142011_cutenessx2.jpg

zilla was wc and i payed $39.99 for him plus shipping from lllreptile.com
k. multi USA :)

We dont get many kinyongias, I have seen multitiberculata and there was a single male being sold a while back for R4500 which is about $600.

I wish I had some kinyongias to work with here in S.A.
And they will always be around that price regardless of the sex, age and if they are CB or WC, the price depends on what the seller would like to sell them for.

There are absolutely no Kinyongias here in the good 'ole southeastern U.S. that I have seen, as far a sseeing then in petstores. Veileds, Veileds, Veileds, Panthers and Veileds.

dont you know it. where have you seen a panther? lol.

I got my WC K.multituberculata at 60€ and my CB at 90€; my WC K.matschiei at 70€ and my pair of K.boehmei at 150€.

One question - WC is wild caught - but what means CB?

WC = wild caught = billiger Wildfang
CB = captive breed = Nachzucht in Gefangenschaft
Farmraised = Farmzucht = Wildfang der für ein paar Wochen in nem Käfig im exportierenden Land war ;)
F1 = first filialgeneration = Wildfangweibchen wird trächtig in den Käfig gesperrt bis sie ablegt

multi are over priced here in the US......we have 1 main breeder who pretty much has a monopoly on the species and is charging us "humble" keepers an arm and leg for them......its horrible, some1 should report him to the feds!!!...:rolleyes::p

Ya that or fish and game!

Back
Top Bottom