what do you think to these...

harry7890

my mum has some solar string lights on her cherry tree outside and i thought they looked nice , then i got thinking what about my cham tank on an night

they have some little LED ones that shouldn't get too hot so wont cause burns and would look quite nice on a night illuminating the trees and things

one thing on my mind is would they work inside with the uv on ?

cheers

link at top of page:p

Cham's need their sleep. Lights would only distract. And then we would be reading a post about: Help, my chameleon is sleeping during the day ;)

I don't think I would have anything electrical inside the cage. What about getting the lights wet during the day with misting the cage and such?. It might look pretty at night, but your cage should really be dark for your cham to sleep. no lights at night! Think about them living out in the wild, there are not lights hanging around in the trees!

Cham's need their sleep. Lights would only distract. And then we would be reading a post about: Help, my chameleon is sleeping during the day ;)

so that is a no then :) just wondered thought they would look nice but i will leave it :) i think they are only on for about 3 hours thoughm although im not sure

I don't think I would have anything electrical inside the cage. What about getting the lights wet during the day with misting the cage and such?. It might look pretty at night, but your cage should really be dark for your cham to sleep. no lights at night! Think about them living out in the wild, there are not lights hanging around in the trees!

no but there is the moon but i dont think its the same

so if you really wanted you could light your tanks up so they mimick the cycles so they bread ?

Breeding takes place during the daylight hours. (but I hear yeast rises over night) Has more to do with when the females lay their eggs.

Last edited:
Put it this way I have to cover cages at “light’s out” (which is in my woman cave so to speak ) it is as important for them to rest as it is for us ;).

yup i agree with the importance of sleep! my spunky loves being by the window, so she wakes up with the sun. i'm usually already up because i get my girls on the bus for school around 6:40. so spunky and i usually have a morning misting and breakfast together (although i prefer raisin bran to crickets :p). she's up and around and curious all day and then she gets lights out when i'm ready to go to sleep, which is usually around 9 or 10pm. i keep an eye on her if she's ready to turn in earlier. i always know when she's tired because she has a favorite perch she curls up on and closes her cute little eyes. :D

Back
Top Bottom