what chameleon species have character/ personality?

jojothefirst

Iv always wanted chameleons that look good or look interesting but since getting 4 kinyongia boehmei and seeing there really interesting quirks and personality I wondered what other chameleons are active and interesting to watch?
Would love to research them in view of buying some in the future.
Preferably montane species, would love some mellers in future if I can make the space.

Honestly, all chameleons have their own character and unique personality. Every single one is different, and there are huge disposition variances within each species as well.

Honestly, all chameleons have their own character and unique personality. Every single one is different, and there are huge disposition variances within each species as well.

The personality all depends on the individual chameleon, not really the species.

I understand this.
But there are certain species that are renound for behaving a certain way. Like veileds being more aggressive.
I know individual veileds are more relaxed to being handled but on whole they behave this way.

If you are looking for something that is contemptuous and ungrateful then the Trioceros cristatus should be right up your alley.

LOL Trace......I think my female montium thinks shes a cristatus......

Carpets have alota spunk and fiestyness in them.....every chance mine had, they'd dive off whatever they were on to get away all the while looking back and gaping.....very comical
Sternfeldi are little spunky bundles of scaly joy.....and are quit active.

LOL Trace......I think my female montium thinks shes a cristatus......

Carpets have alota spunk and fiestyness in them.....every chance mine had, they'd dive off whatever they were on to get away all the while looking back and gaping.....very comical
Sternfeldi are little spunky bundles of scaly joy.....and are quit active.

LOL, will look into them :)

I have one ambanja and a bunch of ambilobes. Maybe I am judging unfairly, but all of my ambilobes exude charisma. My ambanja is beautiful, but I think he knows it:rolleyes: He'd rather be admired from afar.

If you are looking for something that is contemptuous and ungrateful then the Trioceros cristatus should be right up your alley.

I have to google at least once every post you make.

I don't mind too much cause I love checking out the amazing species you know of that I never even knew existed..

However back on the subject, I've only owned one chameleon in my life and that is a Male Veiled- of which I have not seen him become aggressive... yet. He's still a juvenile. I love him dearly though, probably won't bother me when he becomes aggressive. My stance is likely controversial as I just won't put up with it, he'll have to get used to me doing what I need to do :)

I have to google at least once every post you make.

I don't mind too much cause I love checking out the amazing species you know of that I never even knew existed..

However back on the subject, I've only owned one chameleon in my life and that is a Male Veiled- of which I have not seen him become aggressive... yet. He's still a juvenile. I love him dearly though, probably won't bother me when he becomes aggressive. My stance is likely controversial as I just won't put up with it, he'll have to get used to me doing what I need to do :)

Lol, so many people say they are aggressive. I found mine to be fine but I gave one of there off spring to my dad and he was evil. Barely had to go near him and be would get nasty.

My male veiled and my female veileds have all showed great personalities. My male parson would be second in line for showing great personality after my veileds.

I love my veileds. The male has lots of attitude. I had the pair together for some lovemaking and the male wanted no part of my voyeuristic ways and chased me and my camera out of his "space". I thought he was territorial normally, but this was out of control. When I took the picture, he "pulled out", flared up, and the attack was on.
This is them mating and the male at the cage door(as far as he could get to me). Good thing I had the camera in my hand. I love the shot. He was rather upset.
DSCN4987.jpg

DSCN5024.jpg

I love my veileds. The male has lots of attitude. I had the pair together for some lovemaking and the male wanted no part of my voyeuristic ways and chased me and my camera out of his "space". I thought he was territorial normally, but this was out of control. When I took the picture, he "pulled out", flared up, and the attack was on.
This is them mating and the male at the cage door(as far as he could get to me). Good thing I had the camera in my hand. I love the shot. He was rather upset.
DSCN4987.jpg

DSCN5024.jpg

lmfao first pic would u excuse our privacy second pic AND STAY OUT lmfao

Iv always wanted chameleons that look good or look interesting but since getting 4 kinyongia boehmei and seeing there really interesting quirks and personality I wondered what other chameleons are active and interesting to watch?
Would love to research them in view of buying some in the future.
Preferably montane species, would love some mellers in future if I can make the space.

Maybe what you are more interested in is "reactivity" rather than mellowness? Reactive chams may tend to be more active because they don't tolerate confinement in cages, disturbance, change, or intrusions by you, and express this by moving around, displaying stress more quickly, or climbing in and out of their hiding spots. The three Kinyongias I've kept were very reactive and busy boys. My deremensis rather stodgy and secretive, the verrucosus shy and sneaky, but the veileds, melleri, jax, and panthers varied a lot.

Maybe what you are more interested in is "reactivity" rather than mellowness? Reactive chams may tend to be more active because they don't tolerate confinement in cages, disturbance, change, or intrusions by you, and express this by moving around, displaying stress more quickly, or climbing in and out of their hiding spots. The three Kinyongias I've kept were very reactive and busy boys. My deremensis rather stodgy and secretive, the verrucosus shy and sneaky, but the veileds, melleri, jax, and panthers varied a lot.

Ummmmm, yes and no. Reactive in some senses but I wouldn't want them to be reactive due to stress.
My 4 boehmei are always wondering around seemingly looking for food, and when they catch something that's a bit to big they grab it out there mouth with there feet and eat it like a chicken leg lol. I tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out well.
I know that this is common in kinyongia.
The way the mellers flap there "ears" at rivals is very cool aswell.
Quirks like that I find interesting.
My veileds don't move much anymore. But they are both over 4 years old now.
My male panther is always moving aswell. He is very horny though so I think he is just trying to find my female.

My veiled is very active, he climbs around on anything and everything in the office, from sun up to sun down and he is the sweetest little guy around, maybe being only 5 months old has something to do with his aggressiveness.

Back
Top Bottom