what’s the deal with Backwater Reptiles?

bryceoneal

i was just reading a thread on here and i saw some people saying not to buy from backwater reptiles and i was just curious as to why, i don’t plan to buy any reptiles or anything from them and i currently only have plans to buy a leopard gecko in about a year, but i was just wondering why they’re not recommended (cause i’m really nosey haha)
also if this type of thread is prohibited or frowned upon i’m sorry i was just curious

i was just reading a thread on here and i saw some people saying not to buy from backwater reptiles and i was just curious as to why, i don’t plan to buy any reptiles or anything from them and i currently only have plans to buy a leopard gecko in about a year, but i was just wondering why they’re not recommended (cause i’m really nosey haha)
They source the reptiles from random places and don’t care for the animals once they make it to their facility. The owner is dodgy and the company is basically a middle man appearing to be a breeder. The animals are almost always sick or arrive dead

They source the reptiles from random places and don’t care for the animals once they make it to their facility. The owner is dodgy and the company is basically a middle man appearing to be a breeder. The animals are almost always sick or arrive dead
wow that’s horrible! i remember stumbling across them years ago and never thought anything of it cause i didn’t know any better but that’s good to know, thank you, i’m going to get the leopard gecko from a reputable breeder (i’m just looking for a regular one, no special morphs so if anyone can recommend a breeder that’d be great), or see if i can find a reptile expo around here

wow that’s horrible! i remember stumbling across them years ago and never thought anything of it cause i didn’t know any better but that’s good to know, thank you, i’m going to get the leopard gecko from a reputable breeder (i’m just looking for a regular one, no special morphs so if anyone can recommend a breeder that’d be great), or see if i can find a reptile expo around here
It’s deceiving because their website is so nice

yeah i’m still signed up to their emails and the emails seem nice enough, they’re always notifying me about new animals they have in stock, and the “great quality” feeders they have, i’m gonna unsubscribe from their emails because i’ve got no use for them, and i never did lol i have no idea why i signed up in the first place​

I'm too lazy to do the search, then a copy and paste, but check out the BOI. I had no idea what that was until recently, but saw several threads mention the faunaclassifieds BOI (Board of Inquiry). Be warned, it was really hard for me to find on mobile for some reason. I believe I also had to register to see anything at all. Works much better on desktop for me.

Basically a forum structured list of reviews. Makes for some VERY interesting reading when bored. I'm willing to bet they probably have multiple threads about Backwater.

Back
Top Bottom