What’s good in the hood

pascal2023

Avid Member
Well alots going on, as you know Pascal is going through what we think could be her receptive phase due to the colouration and weight she’s put on. Still exploring her cage and keeps heading towards the labour and then walking away so it’s tender hooks right now and I’ve no clue what’s going on, bare in mind he’s been doing this for a couple of weeks now. Behaviours change drastically and it’s almost like she’s not quite with it 🥲
She has hoppers, crickets, dubias, mealworms and waxworms on offer to her obviously with the correct supplements for every feeding. She won’t eat anything in her feed pot or from hand unless it’s a wax worm I don’t understand why. I’m leaving her food to free roam in her enclosure and she’s just not interested but as I said she’ll just go for times which obviously isn’t good because they’re extremely fatty but I also don’t want to leave her without food in the day so I’m a little confused, it all just seems like such a prolonged period of time that she’s been doing all of this. I called the vets for some advice and I was told not to worry it’s normal, so what now, I’m completely lost 😕 she just seems extremely fidgety/ uncomfortable looking to me.

As a quick note to this I’ve noticed in the last few days that her casque looks extremely greasy/ waxy, never really noticed this before can anyone explain?

667B1698-20C0-41C6-92D1-AD3CB2F93927.jpeg C05ED3E3-FA34-4077-B8D6-C01B85993035.jpeg 72A98809-92F1-46B9-9E0A-0F88CACC13F0.jpeg

Can you take a straight on head shot to see if casque is getting fat or bulging a bit. Might be to many wax worms. @MissSkittles or @Sonny13 might be able to help more than me.
She’s only been eating “just” waxworms for 2/3 days, prior to that would just have a couple hoppers but yeah, could 2/3 days worth of just worms really cause that? Even then she’ll only eat maybe 3/4 at most a day and that’s her own choosing too, there are still crickets roaming her cage, she’s just uninterested in food and I’ll grab a photo when I’m home from work, those were taken yesteday 🐞

She’s only been eating “just” waxworms for 2/3 days, prior to that would just have a couple hoppers but yeah, could 2/3 days worth of just worms really cause that? Even then she’ll only eat maybe 3/4 at most a day and that’s her own choosing too, there are still crickets roaming her cage, she’s just uninterested in food and I’ll grab a photo when I’m home from work, those were taken yesteday 🐞
Always found her casque in the beginning a bit fat, but on these pictures she and her casque look perfect IMHO. I think she´s already hooked to waxworms, most get addicted to those. Another reason could be she´s getting to laying, that is when they also stop eating and never if they would take a waxworm in this period. But, sometimes they stop eating, and you think they´re getting close and then all the sudden they eat again for a few days and start. Nothing during her receptive phase is for my girl the biggest indicator she´s close to laying.

Oh and one small advice, don´t if she still needs her creams, but try not to handle her during this period or at least as less as possible. Some chams I don´t touch for weeks, only when needed for something.
I’ve still been advised but can stop this Friday, so I’ve not handled her, only put it on her using a q-tip while she’s chilling in her cage x

Always found her casque in the beginning a bit fat, but on these pictures she and her casque look perfect IMHO. I think she´s already hooked to waxworms, most get addicted to those. Another reason could be she´s getting to laying, that is when they also stop eating and never if they would take a waxworm in this period. But, sometimes they stop eating, and you think they´re getting close and then all the sudden they eat again for a few days and start. Nothing during her receptive phase is for my girl the biggest indicator she´s close to laying.
Thankyou!

This is the thing, I’d only treat her with a 3/4 once a week and I’m in limbo because I don’t want her to starve obviously but I guess if I just leave insects roaming she’ll get them whenever she’s hungry right? I think I’m just worrying how long she can actually go without eating, she’s drinking still, not a tonne but not really interested. Should I keep on with the free roaming? Only down side is it’s hard to track if she’s eaten or not as my enclosure is covered in plants 🪴

Thankyou!

This is the thing, I’d only treat her with a 3/4 once a week and I’m in limbo because I don’t want her to starve obviously but I guess if I just leave insects roaming she’ll get them whenever she’s hungry right? I think I’m just worrying how long she can actually go without eating, she’s drinking still, not a tonne but not really interested. Should I keep on with the free roaming? Only down side is it’s hard to track if she’s eaten or not as my enclosure is covered in plants 🪴
They can go long without food, as long she keeps drinking she´s okay. Actually, i do use a fogger at night, I´ve see my girl drink and yet urates are perfect. She really looks perfect and healthy now, after some days with less food. Just offer her in 2 or 3 days food again. Mine only gets Wednesday, Friday and Sunday food. Also stop the free roaming and keep to the strict ´diet´, this is just the best for them.

I think she looks perfect and healthy. Pretty girl is going thru hormonal changes as her body is maturing and she has other things on her mind besides food. Keep offering food as normal, but if she doesn’t want it, take it away and offer again the next day. Before you know it she’ll be back to her usual self and you can breath easy again. :) 💗

I think she looks perfect and healthy. Pretty girl is going thru hormonal changes as her body is maturing and she has other things on her mind besides food. Keep offering food as normal, but if she doesn’t want it, take it away and offer again the next day. Before you know it she’ll be back to her usual self and you can breath easy again. :) 💗
Do you reckon trying food every other day then? Guess I’ll be giving her more privacy that way and I’ve been covering the front of her enclosure the last couple days too ❤️

Back
Top Bottom