Open every day of the year

Summer Hours (March 1-October 31)*
Admissions Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Grounds close at 6 p.m.

* the zoo will close at Noon on June 16th

Winter Hours (November 1-February 28)
Admissions open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Grounds close at 5 p.m.

For those of you that missed last weeks tour https://www.chameleonforums.com/welcome-ataraxia-zoo-62556/ Pt.1 This weeks tour will take us to the Land Down Under to the African Safari. Next weeks tour will take us to the Middle East!

Land Down Under

First Exhibit: Rhacodactylus Leachinus Isle E female

New Caledonian geckos are the largest living gecko species. The Giant Gecko is a native of both the mainland and several islands off the shore of New Caledonia.

Second Exhibit: The sugar glider (Petaurus breviceps) is a small gliding possum.

The sugar glider is a marsupial that is native to eastern and northern mainland Australia (as well as being introduced to Tasmania, Australia) and is also native to New Guinea and the Bismarck Archipelago.

male/female on display

Third Exhibit: Eclectus Parrot, Eclectus roratus, is a parrot native to the Solomon Islands, Sumba, New Guinea and nearby islands, northeastern Australia and the Maluku Islands (Moluccas)

M/F on display

Fourth Exhibit: Bearded dragon

1-Silk Back het hypo female
1-Italian leatherback het hypo male
2-Translucents m/f
1-Fire and ice male
1-lemon ice male
1-Normal Female

Pogona are a genus of lizards containing seven species, which are often known by the common name bearded dragons.

Fifth Exhibit: Blue tongue skink

As suggested by these common names, a prominent characteristic of the genus is a large blue tongue that can be bared as a bluff-warning to potential enemies.

Sixth Exhibit: Gargoyle Gecko (Rhacodactylus auriculatus)

Gargoyle Geckos are nocturnal and arboreal, making their home in scrub forests. The female lays two eggs per clutch which hatch 60-90 days after they are laid.

African Safari

First Exhibit: Blue Back Reed Frogs

5 unsexed frogs on display

Second Exhibit: Panther Chameleon (Furcifer pardalis) one male and two females on display

It lives in the eastern and northern parts of Madagascar in a tropical forest biome.

Third exhibit: Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii) male on display

They are native to the humid, cooler regions of Kenya and Tanzania, East Africa, found in great numbers at altitudes over 3,000 m.

Fourth Exhibit: High Casque (Chamaeleo hoehnelli) male and female on display

Commonly known as Von Hohnel's Chameleon, the Helmeted or High-casqued Chameleon, is a species of chameleon found in eastern Africa, primarily Uganda and Kenya.

Fifth Exhibit: Ball Python (Python regius)

Python regius is a nonvenomous python species found in Africa. The name royal python (from the Latin "regius") is based in part on the story that Cleopatra supposedly wore the snake around her wrist.

thank you very much....i am green with envy, if only:rolleyes:

haha soon i shall have an "ACE WILDLIFE TOUR" :p haha

amazing animals and collection:cool:

Your animals are amazing!! And if this is due to your wife...she is amazing too! :) I only WISH my BF would be into this stuff so I could have more...I am currently working on a second panther...which is almost a go!:D Beautiful collection!!

Wow! Amazing animals! I admire your dedication, because I only have one chameleon, a cockatiel, and some fish and I know what time I spend keeping their habitats clean, and all that goes with ownerhsip. It must be constant upkeep for you, but you obviously do a great job, because everyone looks happy and healthy!!

Why is entry free! I've paid good money for much worse shows! :D

FREE all year round!

Your animals are amazing!! And if this is due to your wife...she is amazing too! :) I only WISH my BF would be into this stuff so I could have more...I am currently working on a second panther...which is almost a go!:D Beautiful collection!!

Thank you! its good you have someone to limit you. :)

Wow! Amazing animals! I admire your dedication, because I only have one chameleon, a cockatiel, and some fish and I know what time I spend keeping their habitats clean, and all that goes with ownerhsip. It must be constant upkeep for you, but you obviously do a great job, because everyone looks happy and healthy!!

Thank you! its worth it!

Back
Top Bottom