Welcome my Pygmy Babies!!!!

blackbetty

I am beyond thrilled! This is my first time at this unexpectedly and Im thrilled that 3 of the 6 hatched today. I walked into my closet and saw movement and there they were int he container!! They are sooo small, like smaller than I even thought possible! I havent tried to sex them yet..just put them in their planted tank with some pinheads that I bred and they are climbing all over! Picked up some fruit flies and am looking at getting a culture going today. I do not have a macros lens so its really hard to get close enough to get a decent pic but here ya go! Sorry if they are huge..didnt want to downsize for fear of the pygmy not being seen!
Picture136.jpg
Picture137.jpg

Picture138.jpg
Picture146.jpg

Julirs YES!!! I knew they would be small but these are like..dime sized!! So tiny! Its just amazing. Im the proud momma!!

Can anyone recommend a good company to buy fruitfly stuff from that will ship FAST! I know its the weekend..but everything im reading is saying not to make your own because of mold and lacking nutrients..I have a few that I put in but this culture that I bought from Petsmart isnt looking so good..the flies are drowning because someone jacked upt he container and it was the only one they had so I bought it anyways.. Help!

You know, i was wondering how old they should be before I rehome them? I have a few people local wanting some. Im not familiar with shipping and Im kinda scared to try as these are so small and fragile..but how old should they be? I cant seem to find a good age guestimate..

If you have pinheads I would not even stress. My pyglets far preferred the pins over the FF. Snailtail FF ships pretty fast.

OKay well I think they are pinheads.. I put some soil in the cricket bin, waited a few days,a nd then put that container in this setup and when I opened it this morning, little things were crawling on the sticks..so small hard to tell if they are crickets..I dunno.. I just moved the FF culture into a larger container and just put all the pieces in there.. It should suffice..Ill order some pinheads on monday just to make sure. Do you think the other 3 will hatch today? id love to catch em in action..

OKay well I think they are pinheads.. I put some soil in the cricket bin, waited a few days,a nd then put that container in this setup and when I opened it this morning, little things were crawling on the sticks..so small hard to tell if they are crickets..I dunno.. I just moved the FF culture into a larger container and just put all the pieces in there.. It should suffice..Ill order some pinheads on monday just to make sure. Do you think the other 3 will hatch today? id love to catch em in action..

Were they all laid at the same time?

Yes they all came form the same mom at the same time.. It hink my other just laid but I cant find the eggs and Im not gonna tear the tank apart looking.. and Yes, cheq, I know you do and however many are yours.:)

More pics!

Thank You. Its a huge deal for me.. I was so excited when I put them away that I checked on em everyday and thought they could sense my suffocation and wouldnt grow.. yay. Im hoping the other 3 hatch by morning. Here are some more pics!
Picture168.jpg

These were taken Through the tank so they arent as good but you can see all of em!
Picture169.jpg

(I have another one but Im hoping to save that for a contest!!)

Back
Top Bottom