Welcome home Poppi!

HolyToledo

Well, I finally did it! Wish me luck--I'm scared sh**less something will go wrong again... But I'm praying and re-read JannB's blog, etc.

Here she is:

Little miss attitude. She juts her chin out and gapes a little once in a while but most of the time, she just makes this funny little popping noise that I've never seen before. That's why she is named Poppi.

full

full

Excuse the messy set-up! LOL It's a pretty good picture of the whole setup though.
full

The sheet is what I use to block the light from my bedside at night. The top drawer is cham supplements, meds, and stuff and as you can see the second drawer is the guard station again. After trying to climb in the viv with Poppi Kitty Kora climbed in her drawer, took a bath and a nap and now is running around playing like she used to do before we lost Twister. I think she is happy there is a cham in the house again too.

(Still miss Trooper Twister awful bad though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your beautiful little girl. Where did you get her? A popping sound is a sign of an RI. Has she puffed her chin out any, opened her mouth or have you seem any extra saliva in her mouth?

Thanks Jann!

This weird popping she does is only when she is testy. She juts her chin out and then it is like she is snapping her jaws together or something as a threat. I've been watching her and she has done it since the day she got delivered to the store.

I am watching and listening for RI signs too though just 'cause of all the changes she has been through lately. No signs of anything so far. She eats, drinks and sleeps well and is active. So far, so good. I sure am keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

I got her at All Things Reptile, here in town. They got her from one of our site sponsors so hopefully she is from sound stock...

@Jann: She isn't open-mouth breathing, wheezing, or any of that stuff so far. No extra saliva, bubbles, nose problems or anything. But, like I said, I'm on alert. Extra paranoid parent here is even doing research on RI's so I can try to be prepared if early stages is what's going on. But, this is some type of defense thing she is doing. She would do the same thing to her cage-mates when she was at the store. Kind of like a closed-mouth snap thing she is doing.

Anyone else ever heard/seen that? I took a vid of it but you can just barely hear it if you listen really close. I will try to post it later. Puter won't let me right now???

@Rango: Where did you get your little one? And where are the pics? (Took me a bit to figure out how to load photos, etc. but can't wait to see yours too.)

Oh, isn't she cute! Just because I'm curious, is that the cage you had for Twister? If so, did you really scrub it out?

Back
Top Bottom