Weighing in at...

DeviousMike

I just bought a scale, mainly to track the progress of my new female ambilobe. I want to start establishing a benchmark so I will be able to figure out when she is producing eggs. And while I was at it, I weighed my whole family. So here are some figures-

Female Ambilobe (approximately 6 months) 26g
Male Ambilobe (approximately 9 months) 59g
Male Veil (approximately 7m) 27g

Does anyone have any figures for adult animals that I can do a comparison to? I would like to see how large they can get. And of course, what post of mine would be complete without pictures?

7aa04c4c.jpg

707ed1a9.jpg

4d898146.jpg

my approx. 16 month old female veiled typically weighs around 165 grams, give or take a few points. If you want lots of results try doing a search of veiled weights or panther weights and you should be able to find lots of previous threads.

i weighed my 5month panther the other day and he weighs in at 9.5g :X

he is my first chameleon but that seems soooo small compared to your numbers!

So I weighed them again (after 5 days) and I just wanted to see if anyone has any opinions on some growth rates. Maul (yes I use their names now) and the veil have gained 5 grams each, with Aayla only 2 grams (which leads me to believe she might not be producing eggs at this time).

Female Ambilobe (approximately 6 months) 28g
Male Ambilobe (approximately 9 months) 64g
Male Veil (approximately 7months) 33g

So I have a question about my female. Should I start cutting back on her food at this point? In my research, I have read that cutting down on food helps reduce the frequency and quantity of eggs. She looks gravid but does not display gravid colors as she gets very bright at various times of the day. Currently I give her about 5 medium crickets, or a combination of crickets and supers (ex 1 super, 3 crickets).

i weighed my 5month panther the other day and he weighs in at 9.5g :X

he is my first chameleon but that seems soooo small compared to your numbers!

I would probably guess that he hasn't hit the proverbial "growth spurt". Or he isn't eating too much. I did some searching and mine are on the small side as well. Or maybe people who post their weights have horses.

Well I guess my Sambava Panther is quite large then cause he is 15 months and weighs 238 grams!!!

Trying to figure out how big that is Carol. So in comparison, your sambava is a bit heavier then my Lego A-Wing fighter! If I put my girl in the cockpit, it would be almost the same.

974f629b.jpg

haha!!! I dont use a digital scale. I have a regular kitchen scale with a stick taped to the top. I have him perch on the stick. Sometimes it works great and sometimes not! I bought a real nice digital scale like yours but he would not stay on it long enough and kept jumping off. I weigh the stick and the little bucket part first and then weigh him and the stick to get the correct weight.

haha!!! I dont use a digital scale. I have a regular kitchen scale with a stick taped to the top. I have him perch on the stick. Sometimes it works great and sometimes not! I bought a real nice digital scale like yours but he would not stay on it long enough and kept jumping off. I weigh the stick and the little bucket part first and then weigh him and the stick to get the correct weight.

I just put a box on the scale, hit the tare button, then toss em in the box. I will try doing a stick thing since that seems easier.

So Aayla (the female ambilobe) has gained 6g since last week. Veilder seems to be on a growth spurt because he is noticeably larger and has gained 10g. Maul (male ambilobe) has not been eating like he used to. I believe he has been stressed out ever since I moved the cages to another room. He has only gained 2g, as opposed to 5g last week. His feeders are being leftover, but I'm not too concerned because there is at least some weight gain from the previous week. I'll be getting a dubia colony soon, so perhaps a change in feeders might stimulate him.

Back
Top Bottom